Bad sleep made worse - doh!

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
It's not unusual for me to have poor sleep. 

Making breakfast and moving around seemed really bad this AM. What's wrong with my balance and vision? Was it from that elbow sprain? How could sharing one beer for dinner last night do this? Am I getting sick?

Well, after a sloppy job of making pancakes and pouring coffee I realized in the darkness I grabbed my computer optimized and not regular glasses. I still wish I had more or better sleep.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Also look at universities nearby. A school with med, psych, or neuro may likely have a SNaC lab, sleep, neurology and cognition. They are always looking for patients and they’ll pay you. The rooms are typically set up like a hotel. You check in, they tape some sensors to you, you sleep all night and get the results you can take to your own doctor.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My wife has been a long-term problem sleeper. I feel sorry for anyone who goes through that. She has tried both OTC and prescription sleep aids, nothing seems to work on a permanent basis.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Thank you for the good wishes. I've brought poor sleep up with my caregivers before. As said, a one beer was shared between two. We usually get up at 5. This was 3:08. I am quick to make fun of myself so it was mostly being a dumb a$$ before catching it.

I've been polishing my dumb and daft skills for 6+ decades now so thought slow to catch my wrong glasses was a good one. I realized it likely occurred from going upstairs and to bed all in a dark or near dark house where there was no distance focus.

:)

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
I have trouble going to sleep at night also, always have. Through the miracle of science, I now know why. According to Ancestry.com, my DNA says I’m a night person, not a morning person.

Worst thing about being a night owl? I can’t sleep late. Between the landscapers with their blowers and weed whackers, and the road construction nearby, daybreak wakes me up. One day I will live deep in a cave where I can sleep in the day in peace.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
I know that feeling. About 6 weeks ago, I was at the computer late at night and when I reached over to pick up a notebook off the floor, became very unbalanced. I tried to walk it off, but had poor balance and blurred vision. I eventually went outside for a 1 mile walk to get some fresh air, no good, still all wonky and had a headache.

When I sat back down I realized that my left eye was a complete blur, couldn't get it to focus on anything. So, off to see the docs.

Turned out that my right eye had changed prescription by 1.0, but left eye by 2.5. Wearing progressive lenses only made things worse. I got away with it for a long time because my right eye was doing most of the work, but it finally couldn't make enough difference once I got tired and a little eye strain from the computer. The result was unbalanced and blurred vision leading to all my woes.

All other tests were negative, new prescription and good as new. Just another strange event.