1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bad Pedal Graphics

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by El Tele Lobo, Jul 27, 2018.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Yea, some are decent, but, if you havea wife and audience that comes up to the
    stage, very unprofessional if seen.

I like the Durham boost, but, did not buy it for that reason. Can't pedal mfg use a thesarus and come up with
    decent names for their product. lol

kevsonic likes this.
  2. rogb

rogb Tele-Afflicted

Please do not post these graphics. I am drinking coffee and my phone is now sticky with it.
    Sticky Coffee Sprayer. Now there's a name.
    Controls: Crema - Beanz - Steam
    You figure them out lol.

Wildcard_35 likes this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, guys. This started as a rant against crummy or obscene graphics, not an invitation to post the nastiest offenders. Please respect forum rules, your fellow TDPRIers and those who might not share a crude sense of humor. All the other posts are welcome. Nothing more to say. Just common sense and consideration. Appreciate the love this thread has gotten generally.

4. FilthyFur74

FilthyFur74 Tele-Holic

9338FB4F-70FF-4175-82DB-FB51729FCEDF.jpeg 01C702FC-1ACE-4A4C-9EE0-AD86BA182D4F.jpeg Does this count? Out of about 100 pedals I own this is probably the only one with off kilter graphics. It did come with some very cool box candy though! Built by a Brit living in the US, and very much based on British humour!

kevsonic and radiocaster like this.
  5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

This must be a “tone is in your underpants” pedal! [emoji6]

SPUDCASTER likes this.
  6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I think we'll start seeing more pedals that are generic that can be almost anything according to the download we give them. Tone Prints and the like will become more wide spread.

bottlenecker likes this.
  7. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Never bothered me, since I step on them, they live where it’s darkest, and are generally prone to abuse. Guitar is enough of a fashion accessory.

8. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

I'm an older guy, so maybe some pedal graphics designer will market appropriate pedals to my demographic,
    like "Kidney Stone" as opposed to things I may not relate to or remember as well.
    I'd feel a little silly if anybody saw a Sex Drive or Screaming Wh*re pedal when they looked at my onstage set-up,
    especially playing in a praise/worship group.

9. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Have you tried the nano Kidney Stone V.8? It will have your axe screamin'! I need one called a Herniated Disc or Cholesterol Overload ;0)

SPUDCASTER and zippofan like this.
  10. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Lots of the cheap Chinese knockoffs have horrible designs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then there's the ultra cheapies which look bad because they were designed in like MS Paint with Verdana typeface.

11. con brio

con brio Tele-Meister

I hear Fender is throwing in a Herniated Disc free with every Twin

12. FilthyFur74

FilthyFur74 Tele-Holic

I was going to say it was a “Ripper”!

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  13. outbreak

outbreak Tele-Afflicted

That baby boom tri reverb is a really nice pedal though!

I'd just say a lot of whats being posted isn't marketed to the audience here, different strokes for different folks and some of the imagery is going to sell the pedal to some markets vs a plainer competitors who's pedal sounds the same but looks more conservative.

14. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

So is the compressor. So is the Rat derivative. And the Fuzz Star is an above average Big Muff derivative, IMO. If I lost my day job tomorrow and still wanted to gig out, the Baby Boom stuff would probably be top contenders if my better half burned my existing gear...IMO, they're that good.

waparker4 likes this.
  15. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Is the Rat derivative "correct" or does it have a wrong part?

16. 11 Gauge

You know, it's been a few years now, but I want to say that there was at least one confirmed instance of again there being the wrong value part. But yeah, Biyang took their full-sized "Tonefancier" DS-8 Mouse, and shrunk it down to make the Baby Boom DS-10 "Max Distortion."

I'll probably always hold onto my DS-8, but it's too big for a real world pedalboard. I've had the DS-10 in my shopping cart about 5X now...the only thing that's stopped me from buying it is how ridiculously cheap I am.

17. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Agreed! And then there's the Joyo Tremolo which IMO is amazing. Had to sand mine down to stand to look at it.

The Biyang Mad Driver was also pretty great. It's a son of screamer I think...

The delay, was fairly vanilla, would be completely serviceable for a board, but awful at high settings ( Marketed as an "analog delay" but it's not and the chirping at high settings is unbearable IME)

[​IMG]

That comp, mad driver, Joyo tremolo and delay would make a fine mini board for my playing style! And they are so ugly, I might improve at not looking at the pedalboard while I play :) :)

TequilaCaster likes this.
  18. 11 Gauge

I went and painted mine with bronze hammertone paint. My Baby Boom Compress X is now purple.

I painted the top surface of my Joyo High Gain Distortion with silver hammertone paint. Well, and I refitted it with a Nobels ODR-1 with bass adjustment (a couple or years or so after I first got it), but the Shredmaster-derived original pedal circuit wasn't all that bad.

In all honesty, for the cost of the Biyang/Joyo stuff, it's hard to be concerned with what they look like, and it's even easier just to change how they look. I repainted my High Gain Distortion the same day that I received it.

con brio and waparker4 like this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

I have the compressor, and ultimate drive from Joyo. I really don’t think too harshly on the graphics and I played with the ultimate “devil” drive in church. And the Biyang Tri Reverb is a great pedal as well.

TequilaCaster likes this.
  20. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Well, urine luck! Introducing the Kidney Stone by Tea Sea Electronics!

Check out the new toneprints by Sting and Urethra Franklin!!

45B43DAB-9ADA-419F-817A-AB1E8C7CB359.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    4 Cat Slim and zippofan like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.