Bad news/good news

kctelegas

Tele-Meister
Wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville next month and had purchased tickets to see the Time Jumpers on the 12th.
We received an email today informing us that the show for that date had been cancelled, so we were trying to decide on alternative dates.
During our search we found out that Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives are playing in Kansas City on October 6. Cool! We had tickets to see him in Columbia, MO (halfway across the state), in May of 2020 when the ess hit the fan and was cancelled.
I'm thrilled--the venue is a 10 minute drive from my house.
We still have to recalibrate our Nashville trip, but this was totally unexpected. Made my day.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville next month and had purchased tickets to see the Time Jumpers on the 12th.
We received an email today informing us that the show for that date had been cancelled, so we were trying to decide on alternative dates.
During our search we found out that Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives are playing in Kansas City on October 6. Cool! We had tickets to see him in Columbia, MO (halfway across the state), in May of 2020 when the ess hit the fan and was cancelled.
I'm thrilled--the venue is a 10 minute drive from my house.
We still have to recalibrate our Nashville trip, but this was totally unexpected. Made my day.
Marty's show is one of the best I've seen. I saw it once, and it was good. Caught a second show a year or so later and it was as he is wont to say, the Superlatives were Fabulous!

kctelegas

Tele-Meister
The Marty Stuart show was last night and I thought I'd give an update with a "heads up" for those of you attending upcoming shows.

Marty announced that right before boarding the bus to make the trip to our city, he got a call from Chris Scruggs informing him that he had tested positive for the contagion that will remain nameless. I guess there was some discussion as to whether they should cancel the performance, but fortunately for us, the decision was that "the show must go on."

We knew something was up when we took our seats 20 minutes before show time and noted the minimal stage set up.
One silver face Deluxe Reverb was the only amp, center stage. No drum set. Kenny's pedal board was visible, but no amp. There were a few guitar stands, three stools, and one snare drum and that was about it.

The only electric instrument played during their set (by Marty) was an electric sitar on one song. (Cool song, sorry, I don't know the name.)
The rest of the night was mostly six string acoustics with Marty switching to mandolin for maybe of third of the set. Kenny played 12 string acoustic on the set closer, "Time Don't Wait."

After an initial disappointment, we sat back an thoroughly enjoyed the show, appreciating that we were experiencing a pretty unique performance. Admittedly, I had been looking forward to an evening of telecasters and B-benders, and have become a real fan of Chris's, but it turned into what felt like a more intimate performance and interaction with the crowd, who was "all in."

The two and three part harmony vocals were on a shared mic. Kenny and Harry were both featured vocalists as well.

We hope to someday see their usual set, but this one felt pretty special.

Here's hoping for a fast recovery for Chris.