1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bad Cat

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Jay Jordan, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Jay Jordan

Jay Jordan TDPRI Member

if anybody sees a good deal on a 1/12 give me a bump

Cub 15, Black Cat, or Hot Cat

2. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho TDPRI Member

Great amps...

Don't have a line on one for you, but just acquired a 1x12 Black Cat 30 (no 'verb) myself, and love it.
    It weighs a ton but is probably the biggest sweetest coolest grindiest amp I've ever owned/played.
    Good luck in your search! -Guy

3. Jay Jordan

Jay Jordan TDPRI Member

1/12's

guy

the 1/12's seem to be pretty hard to find....

i've found them in the Cub, but all the Black Cats and Hot Cats i've found were 2/12's, WAY too big and HEAVY for me......

the Cub really is probably all i need....

everybody i play with mikes their amps and my main gig uses ear monitors so not much amp is needed.....

a local store has a Cub with reverb for a pretty good deal so i may nab it

4. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho TDPRI Member

I guess they only make a few 1x12's occasionally in the...

...Black Cat and Wild Cat. I just happened to stumble on a used one for a price slightly less than a new home :) But even the 1x12 is darn heavy, I'm guessing about 75 lbs or so (about like a twin reverb it seems), it's quite large too which gives the sound a lot of gravitas. I'm mostly using the half-power setting which is still plenty loud for my band.

5. RickC

RickC Tele-Meister

heard these with Bonnie Raitt last summer, both she and the other guitarist were using em. I came away believing these were the ultimate stage amp. If I were going on tour, that's what I'd be packing :rolleyes: But then, I'd have roadies carrying them too

/rick

6. Teleman

Teleman Tele-Meister

Bad Cat amps

I am also on the prowl for the 1-12. I played through one about a month ago and have been kicking myself for not buying it on the spot. Good luck in your quest.

7. GeorgiaHonk

GeorgiaHonk Tele-Holic

Man, I love the clips at their website, especially the first one. That's THE tone!

8. Kevin Nybo

Kevin Nybo TDPRI Member

I came across one yesterday. It's a 2-year-old 1X12". The seller is from a Minneapolis/St. Paul suburb. He's asking $1,300 for it.

I was searching the Harmony-Central classifieds. I was in the "guitar amps" section and searched back 2 weeks. Feedback looked good. Phone # is listed.

I would have checked into it, but I was looking for something with reverb. There was no mention in the ad.

I remember it was a 15watt Cub model.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.