Bad case of remorse!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Orpingtons, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

You have absolutely no right to feel guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You bought it from the sweat of YOUR brow working hard to save up and get something you wanted!

Tell me ONE thing that would change apart from you feeling less guilty about spending a few dollars! Re the virus......it's not your fault or responsibility and on that front. just heard on a news broadcast from China, that a Chinese research medical team has cured 7 or 9 (forgot the exact number) of victims who all had full blown Covid19 using stem-cells.

All patients walked out of the hospital under their own steam.

Guilt over buying something you worked hard for will make diddly squat difference to the overall scheme of things.

Just enjoy it!!!!!!!

DC

Milspec and edvard like this.
  2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

If you need the money--sell it. If you don't, don't.

3. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

Unless you need to pay bills, keep it. Take it from a guy who had to sell most of his gear in hard times. I even once sold my beloved Hummingbird. I had money in hand and was in tears on the way home. I called the guy and said I changed my mind and couldn't sell it. He was gracious enough to hand the guitar back to me as I returned the money. That was 6 years ago and I still have the guitar today. I would never have been able to afford another one at today's prices.

Milspec, P Thought and Alamo like this.
  4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Regret is the past robbing you of your future, all this second guessing serves no purpose.
    You have your dream guitar in your hand, stop all this craziness and enjoy that guitar. Use this time to play it until the frets are flat.
    Don’t ruin what should be a time for euphoria.

brookdalebill, koolaide and Frodebro like this.
  5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Guitars will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guitars.

OK well maybe that was wrong but it's the thought that counts!

6. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Holic

Hindsight is 20/20. Don't beat yourself up. No one should live in a vacuum or should want to. Unless you must, I say don't sell it.
    Heck if I had hindsight, I would very very wealthy, and maybe famous. But... I might not be as happy as I am right now. Current world status excluded.

Stay safe.

nojazzhere and boredguy6060 like this.
  7. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I have a CS Stratocaster and I don’t feel guilty at all. It’s my #1, the only guitar I just pick up and play. I don’t fool with switches and knobs. I just play it. That’s not to say that the pandemic hasn’t affected me. I was hoping to be able to pay down debt before I retire but my son needs help with his rent until business picks up. None of this is easy but none of us can look too far without finding someone who’s really fallen on hard times. Enjoy your guitar and help others who need it if and when you can. This will end. Keep reminding yourself of that. It may not end as quickly as we’d like and the new normal may not be exactly as before, but it will end.

Roman4405 and nojazzhere like this.
  8. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Afflicted

If you truly spent a lifetime looking for this one then you need to keep it, imho. Sell something else if you need to cost justify keeping it.

9. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You did nothing wrong and have a guitar you really like. Keep it move on.

10. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange Tele-Meister

If anything, recent events remind you life is a gift and very short. Let the new guitar make that gift even more enjoyable.

Roman4405, Fiesta Red and eddiewagner like this.
  11. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

Selling guitar because you need cash is ALWAYS a bad idea. IF you're ever going to sell a guitar you come up with a price and don't back off that and be prepared to wait it out. It took me almost a year to sell a 2012 AVRI '58 Tele at the price I wanted. I actually took $100 less, but that's pretty good!

Normally you can expect to get ~60% of MSRP in a quick sale. With this buyers market it may be less and surely take longer.

You'll come to terms with the remorse soon enough don't compound it by selling it at a loss or even returning for full refund.

My past is full of guitar selling remorse and void of financial remorse! I can't recall a guitar sale getting me more than a couple weeks down the road and then it really stung.....

12. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

the only responsibility is to yourself and your family...and if you know someone needing help near you...otherwise just live your life and enjoy the guitar

13. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

We're all going to get through this. Be positive.

And you'll still have a nice guitar to enjoy.

tery and brookdalebill like this.
  14. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

as has been said- yes if you are broke and have bills to pay, need food etc. then yes sell it, but really no reason to feel guilty...now if you went out and bought a mexican standard tomorrow just because "it was a good deal for $250 then yeah you should feel a bit guilty. This from a guy whose wife knows all too well.

15. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Not being nosy but if you paid cash for it it'd make sense to return it. If you put it on a care or financed it somehow, as long as your income hasn't been affected by the virus it really doesn't make sense to return it.

16. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

If you feel guilty about owning something cool in hard times, that's just guilt/calvinistic/bonfire of the vanities crap. You can get over it.
    If you really need the dough, flip it and don't look back.
    There will be plenty of guitars to choose from when your time comes back around.

17. '51 geezer

'51 geezer Tele-Meister

If it's your " holy Grail" and money is or becomes a problem, you might consider selling some other gear that's not as important to you.

18. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

I've got $230 tied up in a LP JR DC blue Harley Benton on order. I figure this virus will be in the rear view mirror before it arrives in July. Let's all play our guitars!

Milspec likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

As has been alluded to, if you sell it, you won't get anywhere near what you paid for it. Given conditions right now, you would probably end up selling it to a flipper who'll just sit on it until he can make some money on it. When this is over, and you've bought a guitar that you waited a lifetime for, then sold it for nothing, you'll end up like this guy.

[​IMG]

20. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Tele-Afflicted

I’m something of an expert when it comes to self-loathing and guilt, and even I think you are being too hard on yourself. In this time of stress and uncertainty, let that axe be a shining beacon of what has been, and what is yet to come. Enjoy!

ladave and Alamo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.