Bacon..

newtwanger

Blackguardian.
My wife said chicken was the healthier meat. I fixed that nonsense damn fast. :)
02D45308-77D5-48F7-A63F-37966369B873.jpeg

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Oh, hilarious I'm sure! Must be that your kind of insulting humour doesn't translate too well. I suppose calling people sad little men translates well in your part of the world, in my part it's just plain rude. Enjoy your life, you're out of mine.
It was a meme I copied from the movie “Toy Story.” I’m very sorry if I offended you. We tend to pick on each other on this forum, especially when it’s lighthearted like this thread. I meant no harm. I actually think your choice of food is good and I don’t mean to come off as being judgmental. Again, please accept my apology.

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Nah, what I usually do is eat veggies / salads, fish & beans (i.e. lightly) at home and then a crapload of regular bacon, sausages, beer &c. when on holiday :D But it works, because my cholesterol is OK now and my weight index normal - and that definitely wasn't the case a coupla years ago I tells ya!
Wifey has been good to me in that regard. At least 4 or 5 times a week we’ll eat oatmeal with berries, nuts and honey, and it’s actually delicious even to a meat lover like me. At 69 I still have good checkups, but I do have bacon and eggs a couple times a week and I view it as a treat.

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
My mother ate bacon all the time. And yes, it killed her at the young age of 91. I kept telling he but she wouldn't listen and died before she had a chance to live a full life. Damn that deadly fare !!!!
I know what you mean. Same with my 94 year old dad. He’s been eating it all his life, albeit in moderation, and he looks old! His hair is solid white as is his mustache and he’s starting to slow down. It’s that dang bacon 🥓 I keep tryna tell him! But does he listen to me?

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
You like this cause it is CANADIAN. The best bacon is Canadian and it is VERY misrepresented in the US. Places will say Canadian and it isn't in the ballpark of Wrights.
What? Where do you get this. It originated in Texas.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Only ever had bacon one time that I couldn't stomach.
After a couple days driving and baby wipe bird baths I stopped in Cody Wyoming for a room, shower and something decent to eat and a few cold beers.. The folks at the motel desk recommended a bar/restaurant a couple blocks (walking distance) away. Place was full of locals and I ordered maybe a 8oz (big) bacon cheeseburger and some other healthy stuff. The menu said the bacon was some kind of thick cut, some kind of crazy wood smoked etc.
When I bit into that sucker my taste buds were totally overtaken by the smoke flavoring in the bacon. No chance of be even swallowing the first bite. After I stripped the bacon from the sandwich I tore it up. I never before or since have tasted anything that smokey. Wish I could remember what flavoring it was just so I don't make that mistake again.
Nothing against the bar, the menu provided a fair and accurate description of the bacon but it was way too "smokey" for me.
Getting hungry now for a bacon, hardboiled egg and lettuce with mayo on toast minus the "boutique" style bacon.;)

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Bacon Bomb. Lattice-woven bacon slices wrapped around pork sausage and other fillings.

View attachment 987483
They called that the burnt finger. There’s a version with bbq sauce slathered over it.

My workplace actually made these per request (back when that was a thing), Surprisingly, it was sort of underwhelming. I can’t explain it. I love all the ingredients in it. Just fell flat.