Bacon..

puddin

Tele-Afflicted
Bacon.. when I was young, I worked in a meat packing plant just like this one. Good times. You can eat everything we made.
On Wednesdays, they would serve everything in the break room, including all the sides. One Christmas I remember I won the the weekly lottery we had. They handed me 702.00 cash. Went to the guard shed to get my pay equal to my winnings. The guard directed me to two trailers. I got a free ham, and turkey. I felt like a fat cat that day. That was back in the early 70's.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Bacon.. when I was young, I worked in a meat packing plant just like this one. Good times. You can eat everything we made.
On Wednesdays, they would serve everything in the break room, including all the sides. One Christmas I remember I won the the weekly lottery we had. They handed me 702.00 cash. Went to the guard shed to get my pay equal to my winnings. The guard directed me to two trailers. I got a free ham, and turkey. I felt like a fat cat that day. That was back in the early 70's.

“You can eat everything we made”

I hope what the plant produced was edible! Ha!

I noticed your location, does “punta gorda” have to do with the meat intake?

Last edited:

puddin

Tele-Afflicted
“You can eat everything we made”

I hope what the plant produced was edible! Ha!

I noticed your location does “punta gorda” have to do with the meat intake?
It wasn't Punta Gorda. The plant I worked at was located in Pittsburgh, Armour Meats. This was back in the 70's

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
It wasn't Punta Gorda. The plant I worked at was located in Pittsburgh, Armour Meats. This was back in the 70's
Woe!

I used to work in a grocery store, one of the cheapest things there was Armour Vienna sausages!

Ate a bunch of ‘em

pixeljammer

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I adore crispy bacon. Add it to any dish and it'll become tastier for sure. Unfortunately, after having read an article at https://betterme.world/articles/why-did-i-gain-10-pounds-in-a-week/, I need to cut down the amount of fats, so the bacon is in that list.
Why are you getting dietary advice from some nincompoop on the internet? Maybe talk to a doctor or a registered dietician (someone with a degree and a license), NOT a "nutritionist" (someone with a website).

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
1653680423529.png

puddin

Tele-Afflicted
It's still fun to give bacon it's due. I don't consume a lot of bacon any more. I just use it to flavor a meal.
But if I'm entertaining friends... game on...smellivison.