Bacon..

Fuelish

Tele-Afflicted
foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
Bacon may be a carcinogen, BUT...... when I was a kid, my parents owned a small cottage at the NJ shore........the towns used to drive around in the evenings and run smogger trucks to eradicate mosquitos......every kid on every street would file out when they heard it and run or bike around in the "smoke" (likely DDT)...... I enjoy bacon on weekends, but figure if the big C gets ahold of me, it'll be from running/biking around in a toxic bug killing cloud......just sayin.....bacon don't hold a candle to that stuff

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
If God didn't want us to eat piggies, then how come he made them smell of bacon!!!
I have a regular Farm Brewpub duo gig ( popular in what I call 'suburban rural Nothern VA'- I'm from closer to D.C.).

Anyway on the way there, is a wooden road sign ' FOR SALE PIGS ->' and on the back. ' PIGLETS $110'

- Its just a slightly different sign for me; I'm not a City boy per se, just a middle age homogeneous suburbanite ( who plays guitar everywhere)

I do love bacon, but if I bought a piglet, I think it would be a pet!

don71

Tele-Afflicted
I agree.

Do I like Bacon? Yes. Do I also think it is totally overrated? Yes. Its been very trendy to add bacon to EVERYTHING and that just seems unnecessary.
I could have written the same thing. A little moderation and its all good.

LightningPhil

Tele-Holic
There's bacon, and then really good bacon. Suggest everyone tries the best they can find. Even better if it's unsmoaked and cooked in a snooker with Alder as fuel.

Yum.