Backing Track Challenge 372 Country Rock

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Mike!
No real 'lead' guitar from me on this one. I added some Steel String strumming and an ambient E-Bow part with a nod to late period Poco. I did sort of solo over the Am - E - F section.

If anyone wants to add to use this my take/track as their background, I've made it downloadable.

Very nice Ken, sweet ebow.

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@Mellencaster : get well!
@bullfrogblues : you took the track away from a jam session character to a composed instrumental. Sweet lines!
@bgmacaw : too many guitars in the bt already? I respectfully disagree, but I like what you did.
@klasaine : a very relaxed take, the E-Bow adding some lovely lyrical vibe.
@ASATKat : lively playing, you kept the session character. Love 2:15 ff.
@NWinther : you do sound a little different than usual; the opening has the character of a hymnic folk song. But I would not label that as "he canĀ“t".

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@SbS : so I did listen again. You are right, the most dominant (or loudest) guitar is on the right side. But I was more related with the guitar on the left side, the one playing mostly those short chops, the right one playing more little runs. I think I could have centered myself, but I would not go to the left side.

Reactions: SbS

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
@bgmacaw : Your Bossy guitar is mixed nicely, it feels balanced and playing goes well with the track.
@klasaine : You created nice space and atmosphere there and made it like a song. I remember seeing eBow first time (in TV) when Mick Ronson (I think it was him) played it in Freddie Mercury's tribute concert. Had no idea what it was back then, but sounded great.
@ASATKat : Beautiful and delicate start, your playing dynamics follow the track, clean tone but overdrives nicely when you're strumming harder.
@NWinther : Big tone, flanging & panning, nice! I like the way how your guitar flows there.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
@Mellencaster : get well!
@bullfrogblues : you took the track away from a jam session character to a composed instrumental. Sweet lines!
@bgmacaw : too many guitars in the bt already? I respectfully disagree, but I like what you did.
@klasaine : a very relaxed take, the E-Bow adding some lovely lyrical vibe.
@ASATKat : lively playing, you kept the session character. Love 2:15 ff.
@NWinther : you do sound a little different than usual; the opening has the character of a hymnic folk song. But I would not label that as "he canĀ“t".
Hello fellow jammer, did you mean to write lively or lovely?
I like your critiques.

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@ASATKat : I meant "lively".
@G-52 : I am absolutely amazed. With this track, you brought your recording skills to a completely new level with multiple guitar tracks, effects etc. You are also using a quite different playing style than usual. And maybe you improved your playing, but I am not sure about that