Backing Track Challenge 366 Slow Rock

Mellencaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks, @klasaine for putting up a track for last week.Sorry I missed the last two of these challenges. My youngest daughter got married the last weekend and a family function out of town prior to that and feels like I haven't played in a such long time :)

Here's this week's track. Enjoy!

Track Download 3:14
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14477499

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@telekaster1999 : sweet sound, great opening! What happened then? Seems to me you had problems to settle in? Whatever, some fine lines following.
@[email protected] : the dual guitar line opening draws one immediately in. Steaming riffs following; I prefer it when you get more melodious.
@NWinther : playing style and sound differ a little from what one would exspect from the bt; highly distorted sound with strong elements of folk music? I am not sure, but it´s a unique approach so far. Well, that´s wha I like your tracks :)
@Mjark : I listened three times to your track, trying to identify what style you were playing, giving it a name or finding an artist it reminds me of. Well, I can´t at the moment. Anyhow, it´s nice melodic, story-telling playing.
@bullfrogblues : really nice emotive playing; good idea to bring a completely different guitar sound in.
@bgmacaw : I hope the kitchen is clean :) ! Well, nice melodic and expressive playing; you could have it spiced up by some difference between chorus and refrain.
@SbS : oh well, I am also having a time where I think I played better and more creative than now. The trick is not to stop but keep on trying; I experienced that before.
@ghostchord : well done, though! Really nice lines in there.

Mellencaster

Poster Extraordinaire
@telekaster1999 - Love the banjo roll in the intro, it has that smoky bar feel.Enjoyable version
@[email protected] - Great stuff Roger, the dual guitars sound sweet and very nice hair band tone!
@NWinther - Nice that you're participating again, Niels. Epic playing as usual and very dynamic phrasing love the outro. Sounds very good
@Mjark - Love the melodic lines and the tone.
@bullfrogblues - Well played version BG and lovely vibrato in those fingers.
@udoering - Not a bad mood to have for gin :) Sounds full with the rotary effect and sweet tone, very nice and it gives a John Mellencamp Cougar vibe with your playing.
@bgmacaw - Enjoyable version and passionately played.
@SbS - I quite like that throaty clean tone and subtle lines.Nice!
@ghostchord - A real nice version and cool modulation.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's

It looks like SoundClick has come up with some new ways to post songs. Funny I didn't know what I was doing but it went lickety split.

Just one more thing showing me how I used to was be smarter than I bee's now.

Least I know hows to pluralize the word bee with an ask'Rick.

All kidding aside thank you much for these and the time you guys take to do this, and all the stellar input from everyone!

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Just picked up a new little Zoom Q2 4 video camera to use for live recording. I played my old 94 solid KOA Carvin 127 through my PRS Archon and 2/12 deep cab over that track as the first recording with the internal mics. Nothing fancy short bedroom level clip through my system in the music room with nothing but a touch of verb in the loop on the amp. Thought I would share here as grabbed the track off this site to noodle with later.

Last edited:

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Ascension - Welcome and very nicely played!
Thanks spend most of my time over on the Worship player side here. I do listen to some of the clips here and grabbed that backing track to noodle with later. Just got the new camera and was trying to figure it out so did a quick recording over that track. Need to get set back up to record properly at the house in the future.
Mostly I do stuff like this playing out with a circle of local guys or at my church.