Poster Extraordinaire
Here's this week's track. Enjoy!
291610097_1737035583320102_8864303281052928592_n.jpg

Track Download 2:58
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14471626

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@Mjark : I dig your melodious approach to this. And I love the last note of your theme, really! It breaks my exspectations. Oh, and you dialed in a sweet sound!
@telekaster1999 : not much of a rocker, eh? You sure?
@[email protected] : task accomplished! Sound and playing (mixing too) blend with the bt to a lovely rock guitar track!
@JCL50 : surprise, surprise! Hadn´t exspected that nearly clean sound and calm playing. Sounds so good! Lovely little Knopfler-like fast stuff in between.

[email protected]

TDPRI Member
At first I was a little afraid because this track also had no chord changes, but it was much easier to cope than the last one. Mesa Express blues and crunch mode, St Vincent and Albert Lee MP90. Some little warts included.

...found this to be an interesting comment. I too have difficulty when there are fewer changes in the BT. It seems I need something to "bounce" off, so it was gratifying to learn that I am not the only one.
Cheers
Roger

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
...found this to be an interesting comment. I too have difficulty when there are fewer changes in the BT. It seems I need something to "bounce" off, so it was gratifying to learn that I am not the only one.
Cheers
Roger
Try this total gem of a concept I got from John Scofield in an old 80s instruction video.

Say you're jamming on a
non moving A minor chord, A Aeolian, the parent key is C.
Try playing the 3 naturally occurring minor pentatonics that exist in the C scale.
A, D, and E minor pents. They all derive from the C major scale. Each pent provides 3 different "sonic colors" to play over that Am chord we're jamming on.
So play the three pents and mix them up blending one into the other. What is really cool is they are the same type of scale we use in the blues so play A, D, and E blues licks and scales over the static Am chord.

I got this idea from John Scofield on an early 80s Hotlicks video. It's a great way to create some harmonic movement when the band is playing a one chord Funk groove.

C major scale
C D E F G A B
the 3 minir pents derived from C major
A C D E G
D F G A C
E G A B D

Last edited:

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@guitarsophist : well, it´s not hard rock, but who cares? I like the theme you came with and how you worked with it the song through. Good sounding track without noodling!
@bgmacaw : I would have never thought I would say this: I really dig the melodies you played, you are telling a story there, very nice! But somehow, and that´s the strange thing, I think you´d better play it without a slide, just your fingers could have given the melody eben more expression.
@fleezinator : furious opening, nice use of dynamics and tempo in your playing.
@ghostchord : in the beginning you sound insecure, having not really an idea where to go to. But that changes considerably in the second half of your track. This is at least my impression, wonder if you felt that too?

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Thanks

Tinkered my Fat Tele today and put a resistor between the switch and volume pot. To better balance neck humbucker and bridge pickup tonally. Didn't bother to plug pedals after the test drive, so it's a clean one.

Edited: Put the new mix in Soundcloud

Last edited:

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
At first I was a little afraid because this track also had no chord changes, but it was much easier to cope than the last one. Mesa Express blues and crunch mode, St Vincent and Albert Lee MP90. Some little warts included.

I’m a little puzzled as there are 4 chords. I get your point on the last one which was mostly on the I.