Backing Track Challenge 364 Chill Rock

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
@bgmacaw sounds a little sitar-like at times.

@bgmacaw : surely the guitar has it´s own unique sound, but in addition you play in a way that lets me think of sitar.

I suspect some of that sitar sound comes from the combination of flatwound strings, the Danelectro bridge pickup and a slight bit of chorus.

rickthescot

Tele-Afflicted
@Mjark : cudos for using minor scale now and then, my ears said don´t do it. Fat sound, nice track with a bluesrock flavour.
@telekaster1999 : I like the slow builduing-up; it gives a meaning to the single notes. The wah guitar sounds great, wish you had used it more.
@rickthescot : beautiful sound, how did you get this? Slide?
@bgmacaw : surely the guitar has it´s own unique sound, but in addition you play in a way that lets me think of sitar.
@[email protected] : lovely sound, it bites itself through. The minor playing works most of the time, but (to my ears) not always. Not sure from what it depends.
@JCL50 : sweet slide playing and sound, give me more of that!
No slide, just an old Peavey MIA Predator with the slinkiest neck I ever played.
Thanks so much for all your kind words.

Mellencaster

Poster Extraordinaire
I have to say I am feeling the post effects earlier today from a social event I attended yesterday to early morning.

@Mjark - A very nice version, I don't think it sounds like it initially but parts have me thinking of Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.
@telekaster199 9 - You've got that sweet country tone and lines. The wah sounded very good.
@rickthescot - Chill and patiently played! Very nice tone and phrasing
@bgmacaw - Enjoyable track with its subtle melodic lines.
@[email protected] - Sweet tone and truly played in rocker-style fashion .Very nice.
@JCL50 - Lovely tone and the second guitar included.Very sweet playing all through!
@udoering - Sounds very good and well played with a cool theme, Ullrich. What difficulties you were experiencing do not reflect at all in the final recorded version
@SbS - Lovely two guitar mix. Love the soft lines and round tones.
@bullfrogblues - Very bluesy version and an enjoyable listen. Sounds very good, BF.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@Mjark - Wonderful fat tone that ranges from 60's organic to contemporary country depending on your attack. Very cool. I think some triadic figures in there too.
@telekaster1999 - Beautiful country tone, twangy yet organ like too maybe because of the wah. Nice slides and bends.
@Mellencaster - Country-flavored track with great coolness factor due the relaxed playing style.
@rickthescot - Very nice smooth clean tone. Restrained and subtle.
@bgmacaw - I had a Silvertone bass back the day. Black masonite with cheesy white plastic macrame stuff for binding. In retrospect, the coolest guitar I have ever owned. Your baritone sounds very cool indeed.
@[email protected] - Kind of a ZZ Top tone. The minor scale is effective in creating gnarly nasty sweetness.
@JCL50 - Country Pop flavored. Smooth and well-played.
@udoering - It sounds like you knew what to do with the chorus, but not so much with the verse. There are some creative things in there, however, and some of it sounds kind of Magical Mystery Tour Beatlesque. We learn the most from struggle!
@SbS - Lovely tone and restrained subtle approach. The two tracks work well together.

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@SbS : tentative start, nice country picking then. Dig how you work with double stops.
@bullfrogblues : great version, you made it your own!
@guitarsophist : the theme sounded familiar to me, but I can´t give it a name. Anyhow, weill played!
@Mellencaster : nearly had overlooked your track, thought it was just the bt. I like your calm playing, garnished with an unobstrusive vibratone effect.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@guitarsophist : the theme sounded familiar to me, but I can´t give it a name. Anyhow, weill played!
I don't know what it is either, but because you said my last track was kind of busy, I decided to go real minimalist on this one and started with just three notes. But it got busier from there on. Thanks for listening. You always give good feedback.

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I don't know what it is either, but because you said my last track was kind of busy, I decided to go real minimalist on this one and started with just three notes. But it got busier from there on. Thanks for listening. You always give good feedback.

That theme sounded like the start of: Can't Take My Eyes Off You?