Backing Track Challenge - 356 Country

Mellencaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Here's this week's track and thank you to Alan for posting last week's track. Enjoy!

iStock-820253508-400x260-1.jpg

Track Download 2:32
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14442684

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@telekaster1999 : very classic country, but you did use a phaser or something like that, did you? Just asking, last week I thought I heard a vibrato effect on a track where there wasn´t one
@[email protected] : your playing sounds like country, but your guitar sound doesn´t. Is that a critique? Nope. Love those squealin notes.
@Raimonds : nice, calm playing, relaxed. Like how you use them chords.
@bigbreak : the banjo(?) at the beginning was hard to hear, but when the lapsteel starts, it´s just fine.
@JCL50 : very nice. Sometimes you let your guitar twang, sometimes it sounds nearly like a steel guitar.

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@bgmacaw : I like the use of a baritone guitar and the melody you were playing. But your guitar track is quite loud compared with the bt; did you mix it that way intentionally or do you have problems with your recording gear?
@Mjark : beautiful tone, good playing. May I ask how you got this tone recorded? It´s this fat tone I am looking for.
@Mellencaster : nice crispy sound, relaxed playing. I like how you gave yourself a rest by just playing the chords. Lovely Bendings!

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
May I ask how you got this tone recorded?
Nocaster Pick Ups (Bridge), Spark Positive Grid on the clean setting, Backed off treble on guitar just a little. I may have used my fingers instead of a pick. I don't remember. Listening again I don't think so but it can help in this regard.

Last edited: