Backing Track Challenge - 354 Funk

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Late to the table and this is sort of an unholy mess that I flung up against the wall yesterday. Waiting a day to post didn't improve it! But thanks for the track...

Nice tone, did you get that "womanizer" pedal going again? I tried to lure JP here but not yet.

clayville

Tele-Meister
Nice tone, did you get that "womanizer" pedal going again? I tried to lure JP here but not yet.
Thanks. Yes, this is my CS-356 into the Womanizer (and a Crybaby Classic on the other track). The pedal is getting pretty dodgy but that tube preamp feels so much like "my sound" to me that I'm nervous it's going to crap out any day now. I've been looking into maybe going for a Simplifier DLX for direct home recording since I don’t want to be tied to tiny screens, supplemental apps, expiring drivers, an OS upgrade or additional IR boxes to dial in something useful, classic-sounding and fairly unadorned - which to me is edge of breakup cleanish tone. A million options, but I'd be happy with something for home use that does just one or two things really, really well. We'll see...