Backing Track Challenge - 348 Classic Rock

belleswell

Tele-Meister
Thanks kind sir for another fine bt in my stash.

Apologies to Jimmy.

Eagle getting a drink
r5IEvFyh.jpg

QBRi7Qzh.jpg

zVqFT9Rh.jpg

A4daOPih.jpg

Last edited:

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@belleswell : knowing your contributions for some weeks now, I exspected something good, and I was not disappointed. Liked the octaves, multiple guitars go well together. Just wished a little more discrimation between the sounds. I envy you having an eagle as a neighbour!

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@TwoBear : Big & bold overdriven & distorted tones, wah & whatnot.. so intensive playing. That's some real rock right there!
@belleswell : Smoother tones, still sounds big with multiple guitar lines, sounds good. I agree what udoering said. Great eagle!

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Thanks kind sir for another fine bt in my stash.

Apologies to Jimmy.

Eagle getting a drink
r5IEvFyh.jpg

QBRi7Qzh.jpg

zVqFT9Rh.jpg

A4daOPih.jpg

That was cool as heck I dug your soloing approach, it sounded like you were improvising as you went as opposed to stringing licks together.

I always try to be positive, and this is my only criticism, I was totally digging that solo tone but a lot of times it seem to be buried underneath the rhythm tone.

That could totally be on my side-what I'm listening on. If anyone else heard it the same way, I would say throw together another mix with that guitar up front.

Could just be that my ears are burnt from just playing a bunch. What I heard was a thick chewy tone that also would have worked for fusion stuff or whatever... I'm interested to hear what the signal chain was.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
@belleswell : knowing your contributions for some weeks now, I exspected something good, and I was not disappointed. Liked the octaves, multiple guitars go well together. Just wished a little more discrimation between the sounds. I envy you having an eagle as a neighbour!
@bgmacaw : That's an interesting little amp. Wasn't familiar with it, but now read about it. Sounds nice, little lo-fi but fun.
I’m assuming you might’ve got filled in with their origin all the way back to when they were packaged in real, used cigarette packs?

I think those old originals used something like a telephone receiver speaker, but they sound great driving a full-size speaker all the way up to a 4 x 12“. The further refinements brought on with revisions such as the Ruby and little Jem.

With add-ons like a Jfet front end, larger caps and filter networks, and the ability to run on a number of different voltages-I can’t remember for sure, maybe as low as 5 V, but I think nominally 9 to 12, make it a great sounding battery amp for light busking. I’ve built a few of them, Just a couple weeks ago I hooked one up thru my phones out to an EV 12L Monitor and it was plenty volume for my garage. About a quarter watt amp to a 250 W cabinet, ha

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@Mellencaster : strong, fat rock tone; your playing sounds as if you are delivering a speech.
@ASATKat : you played the melody of the original very well (at least I recognized it immediately, though I am not sure about the b-part, "Kashmir" beeing only faintly present in my mind). I dig that rythm guitar you added, though sometimes it seems off timing.
@Mikejazz : what exectly do you mean by "over abusing"? Your track reminds me of that one delivered by TwoBear, and my comment would be similar: great rock sound, screaming guitar, played with a lot of speed and skill, but beeing an old man, I need some slow parts so that my ears can rest. :)

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
@Mellencaster : strong, fat rock tone; your playing sounds as if you are delivering a speech.
@ASATKat : you played the melody of the original very well (at least I recognized it immediately, though I am not sure about the b-part, "Kashmir" beeing only faintly present in my mind). I dig that rythm guitar you added, though sometimes it seems off timing.
@Mikejazz : what exectly do you mean by "over abusing"? Your track reminds me of that one delivered by TwoBear, and my comment would be similar: great rock sound, screaming guitar, played with a lot of speed and skill, but beeing an old man, I need some slow parts so that my ears can rest. :)
Thanks, this BT wasn't Kashmir, close enough, the B section is different, so I just went with it. I could have bailed on it but what the heck.
My rhythm chords are offset, not out of time, I played them on beat two.
I've played to many partial songs that have unusual parts here. Can it work, will it work. Not always, maybe it didn't work here. But it was still fun.
Maybe it was wrong to call it Kashmir, something I thought about. OK, put me in the brazen bull.

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@Mellencaster : Nice fat tone with an edge, strong and intensive playing, yet smooth lines and harmonics, good sounding track.
@ASATKat : Two guitars, I hear vibes from the east maybe. Especially left guitar sounds unusual and intetesting, almost harp like.
@Mikejazz : Rock! Wah! Speed, whammy bar and tapping! Musical and skilled take, sounds really good!

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@Alan L Cole : Strong start, I like your tone with some more edge. Also punchier articulation and intense energy, very nice!
@PatrickM01 : Spaciuous, flangery, delayful. Your guitar could be even louder (with my gear and ears.. and my mixes mostly suck, so please take the comment with grain of salt 😁). Psychedelic era take.

Alan L Cole

Friend of Leo's
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14417775

I did a few takes but it's getting late so I'm just going to post this one now.
I think I screwed up and left my fuzz box running into my tube screamer because the switch on the sound tank model is a little dodgy, making it a little hairy towards the middle of the song, but I put an old Bill Nelson Bebop Deluxe lick in there, so I'm leaving it. What a fun song thanks for that.
Guitar slayers, berserkers and banshees reigning unholy fire and brimstone upon humanity - God help us.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
I think those old originals used something like a telephone receiver speaker, but they sound great driving a full-size speaker all the way up to a 4 x 12“. The further refinements brought on with revisions such as the Ruby and little Jem.

In my track I had the Smokey going into a Supro 6" speaker 6x9 cabinet IR to get that "Zep feel"