Backing Track Challenge - 336 Vamp

Len058

Tele-Meister
That's a massive tone. Real cool use of effects! The twisted essence comes right through.

Now, on a serious note, what's up with this always "a bit late to the party"? lol
Thanks! It's nothing fancy. Tremolo, reverb, eq, delay and some panning of the different mic's. The cooking tubes take care of the compression.

I don't believe I use the party phrase that often, but maybe I'm not that familiar with the modern English language and is it an ancient expression?

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The site was hung up for a moment and I ended up with a double post. Since we can't delete posts, a '.' is a good alternative. 😉

In Kurt Vonnegut's novel, The Sirens of Titan, a Tralfamadorian flying saucer pilot who is carrying a message from one side of the galaxy to the other gets stuck on Titan and uses Universal Will To Become to cause human civilization to develop over millennia so that humans can eventually manufacture and bring to him the part he needs to fix his spacecraft. The part is a piece of metal with a hole in it, about the size of a can opener. The message is a single dot, which in Tralfamadorian means "Greetings!" So all this time I thought that when TDPRI members posted a message that consisted of a single dot, they were either Tralfamadorians being friendly or Kurt Vonnegut fans.

clayville

Tele-Meister
I'm very, very late to this and can only offer a cacophony of noise. Thanks for the track!
I've been getting my recording setup back in order after a long hiatus - getting used to the details of a different DAW and plugging more and more things into my signal chain as I go along and as the situation might warrant. So... what you've got here (besides a noisy mess) is a droney layer of Open G tele into a Big Muff and a Destination phase, another Open G tele off on the other side into a Carbon Copy and a Blues driver, and a Gibson CS-356 noodling the lead (and trying to guess what the Tele's are going to do) through a Blues Driver and the phaser. All added guitars are going into a now ancient tube-driven Damage Control Womanizer pedal's direct out as the "amp" - silly name, but these are warm tube preamp/o.d. pedals and darn useful for home recording.
Anyway: Good Luck! :rolleyes:

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I'm very, very late to this and can only offer a cacophony of noise. Thanks for the track!
I've been getting my recording setup back in order after a long hiatus - getting used to the details of a different DAW and plugging more and more things into my signal chain as I go along and as the situation might warrant. So... what you've got here (besides a noisy mess) is a droney layer of Open G tele into a Big Muff and a Destination phase, another Open G tele off on the other side into a Carbon Copy and a Blues driver, and a Gibson CS-356 noodling the lead (and trying to guess what the Tele's are going to do) through a Blues Driver and the phaser. All added guitars are going into a now ancient tube-driven Damage Control Womanizer pedal's direct out as the "amp" - silly name, but these are warm tube preamp/o.d. pedals and darn useful for home recording.
Anyway: Good Luck! :rolleyes:

Bold!

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks! It's nothing fancy. Tremolo, reverb, eq, delay and some panning of the different mic's. The cooking tubes take care of the compression.

I don't believe I use the party phrase that often, but maybe I'm not that familiar with the modern English language and is it an ancient expression?
It's a very popular phrase, I use it.
Don't know how ancient it is =)

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
don't believe I use the party phrase that often, but maybe I'm not that familiar with the modern

You used it correctly. It’s a common expression.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
don't believe I use the party phrase that often, but maybe I'm not that familiar with the modern

You used it correctly. It’s a common expression.
"What I bring to the party" is how I use it pertaining to what I would bring to a guitar solo, or when listening to someone I can assess what they used in their solo, what they brought to the party.
I'm into watching pro armwrestling and they often use that term describing a participant.

That's what life is, bringing stuff to our party.