Backing Track Challenge - 335 Blues Rock

Mikejazz

Tele-Meister
@Mjark : beautiful relaxed playing; guitar sound fits well in there.
@NWinther : nice twangy sound, good relaxed playing, though sometimes the rocker flashes through :)
@Mellencaster : track sounds like a jam on a porch on a warm summer evening
@Raimonds : nothing to excuse for. You played a mixture of sophisticated rythm and solo guitar. Like that.
@SbS : tremolo is a good idea, but somehow the guitar track sometimes sounds blurred. Maybe the combination of tremolo and reverb? I don´t know.
@Mikejazz : great opening, nice americana playing then. Sometimes I thought you are playing too much for that track. But who am I to say that?
@fendrguitplayr : oh, wow, you did vocals!! Beautiful, man. Guitar playing is right to the point.
@Alan L Cole : well, this track was for you, and you made it an Alan L Cole song.
@Len058 : very good work, len058! Again vocals, and tasteful guitar playing!
@G-52 : nice to hear from you again, you seemed to have had a longer vacation :). Nice country-esk version.
@chris m. : you played a skilled country version, lovely entry.
Thanks Ullrich for the listen and honest comment, and yes you are right, too may notes is a disease with no cure for me yet, i have to police myself against it :)

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Here's my shot at some pickin'. I'm usually more of a rocker than a country boy. Used my Tele, straight into Scarlett Focusrite with REAPER free VSTs.

Great job, twang city along with twang pop and snap. Sorry no twang crackle without pouring milk all over it.

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
Nice playing, articulate and expressive, is there mystery track in there?
Cool twangs there, especially on the lower strings. Liked the story telling phrasing, lots of interesting ideas.
:) Well just kept it lowkey...I love JJ Cale...the art of saying alot with little.
Not sure one can do that...maybe age do teach you a thing or two.....little mysteries and odd ideas!
Thanks...Niels :)

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@G-52 : I like your second version better; it seems to me that you are more telling a story than playing licks. Guitar sound, however, I prefer from the first track.