Backing Track Challenge - 334 Blues

Len058

Tele-Meister
Happy New Year to you all!
I got a second hand laptop to record in the living room instead of the cold attic . Took some efford to get everything set up but now I can record anytime without much prep work like heating the attic and moving the guitars up and down the stairs. Feeling lucky!

For the gear geaks: DIY jazzmaster with filtertrons neck and bridge pickups into Behringer UMC202HD into Reaper, Amplitube JTM45 at normal channel (not bridged) subtle flanger and tape delay. Finally a stereo image plugin.

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
@Mjark : nice arpeggio riff to open with; beautiful mix of genres after that (minor, major pentatonics; sixths).
@Raimonds : Latvia is rocking again! Love the double stops when it goes in part two, brilliant idea.
@bigbreak : quite another vibe!
@bgmacaw : slide guitar is always a way!
@Alan L Cole : I remember how you cam in here; bluesrock, strat + marshall sound. Quite a way to that point where you are now, almost acoustic sounding and a different playing style
@guitarsophist : nice opening riff. Whereever you took your melody lines from, they sounded meaningful. Like it.
@NWinther : looks you had some energy to find it´s way!
@belleswell : you played an impressive slide guitar, and the baritone guitar (if I heard that right) was another cool idea. But I have to say that for me there was too much going on, both instruments were somehow in each others way. You could alternate both guitars or give them more space by mixing techniques (different sounds, panning, changing levels). I think your playing deserves to be heard better (hope you don´t mind my proposals).
@bullfrogblues : sweet southern rock sound and playing. Dig it.
@Len058 : a real step forward, isn´t it? Your playing here is exact my cup of tea.

Len058

Tele-Meister
@Len058 : a real step forward, isn´t it? Your playing here is exact my cup of tea.

Thanks, we almost had the same tone. I can really hear your playing progress during the track. You started nice and in the second half you nailed it.
It's technically not a step forward because I can do more in my little studio upstairs but it's good to have less options after a busy day.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
hi people i hardly never see

this track was not my normal thing (not that i have a normal thing)... i had no idea how to play this sort of track. it shows... here's a very rough play it as we go kind of thing... sorry :(

Hey Monte! Nice to "see" you. Try A Mixolydian A major scale with a Flat 7th.

Mellencaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks for posting. Tips for posting the listen in browser? If this ain’t right?
Welcome and nicely done. I open the track with the player on SoundCloud and I copy the link from the web bar and paste it directly to the comment box, it will embed the player automatically.

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
@SRHmusic : welcome! Very nicely done, you definitely had an idea what you wanted to say!
Thank you. That was fun. (I might work on another with cleaner playing just for myself.) It's really in D or A mixo. isn't it? So I worked with that and the intro bit became a thing of its own. :D

A few comments on a few I listened to- All are enjoyable as always. Happy New Year.
@Mjark Really nice ideas, great tone, too
@Raimonds Great double stops and partial chords, and nice fast runs, too. Very tasty.
@bigbreak Really nice work with the additional instruments. And you really were able to give it a different feel.
@guitarsophist Nice take, with a laid back feel.
@udoering Very nice, I like your tone and ideas here, good note choices too
@bullfrogblues Nice playing, tibe and vibrato. I like the tibe/pickup change in the E section, too.
@Len058 Nice bluesy take.
@montemerrick Glad you're here. Always good to give it a go!