1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Backing Track Challenge - 281 Southern Rock

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Dec 25, 2020.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@Seasicksailor : good solid rock playing; like your integrated double stops.
    @Alan L Cole : you dialed in a really nice sound here. Playing is mostly southern, but always Alan :)
    @KennyWTelejazz : you completely transformed the bt into something else. The title you chose expresses the mood of the track very good.
    @Mellencaster : your rythm guitar sounds good. It adds to the song. Good playing troughout on the left channel.
    @JeffBro : nice track; I like especially what you did on that part that starts at 1:43

KennyWTelejazz and JeffBro like this.
  2. JeffBro

JeffBro Tele-Meister

thanks man, that was kinda hard to play, or play it in time

udoering likes this.
  3. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

JeffBro It has that raw Hendrix tone, very cool. I agree with what Ullrich mentioned that you played at the 1:46 mark and on, really gelled with this track. Very nicely played and Merry Christmas, Jeff.

4. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

Hi Ullrich ,
    I like your dual melodic guitars at 1:20 and 2:19 ..very thematic .
    I hope you had a good Christmas ...I had a good Christmas .. me and the pooch ...woof woof !

Alan ,
    You played pretty slippery on this one and your tone on this tune is Great !
    Very Dynamic and Real Punchy ( pardon the pun it goes w the visuals ) lol nice one .

Hi Mike ,
    I like how you built up your lead phrases from : 49 on .Love how you played using a Soulful Tone. Nice phrasing , lots of space and very dynamic precise playing ...nice one ....

Kenny

Mellencaster and udoering like this.
  5. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

Hi Mike thanks ! I enjoy exploring the production end of things I'm glad you enjoyed what I did here .

Hi Alan , after shredding to the track during a practice run through I hit a brick wall and said to myself I'm just gonna play simple ...
    thanks for the listen and comment .

Hi Ullrich ,
    Yes , this BT was very good on it's own yet I don't know how to leave well enough alone ...
    I took out the other guys kitchen sink and threw 2 of my own in there ...
    all the best ,

Kenny

Mellencaster and udoering like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.