1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Backing Track Challenge - 278 Funk

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

Thanks Mike:

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Poster Extraordinaire

DrB Great sound and playing, especially on the full version. I don't know if you felt the same as I did but it seems this track passes by quicker than one would've expected with the full length version. The video fits well with your track.
    Mikejazz Sweet tone and effects. Mighty nice playing , Mike .Very enjoyable.
    SbS Funkentein II. Sounds very nice, liked the space you allowed, it adds tension. Both guitars and the wah worked well for this track
    klasaine Skilled playing! The rhythm and the lead, especially the chromatic runs sound very good.
    Raimonds Good to hear from you Raimonds. Solid playing and a very fine tone.
    Alan L Cole Smooth build up with the chugging, the lead guitar sounds great. Sweet track.

3. DrB

DrB Tele-Meister

Thanks. I appreciate it!

I agree, it's quite a nice track. Some of them are short but feel long and boring you know. This one was just the reverse. It was easy to let go you know... Mine was almost one take... I could not switch to gainy tones around 4:10... Gotta practice them pedal dances.

:)

B

Mellencaster likes this.
  4. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the track, auto octaves and I tried to squeeze in some comping, that was the hardest part,

Funkin' For The Melon

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Thoughtfree, tooloud, bgmacaw and 9 others like this.
  5. Mellencaster

ASATKat Enjoyable take Cliff. Sweet tone and the phrasing sounded good in your track.

ASATKat likes this.
  6. guitarsophist

guitarsophist Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Late to this one. Tele mid position through a Twin sim. Kind of an Albert Collins tone.

7. ghostchord

ghostchord Tele-Meister

I moved, and busy at work, so thanks for forcing me to dig up the guitar (PRS 245 SE) and get my setup going... I tinkered a little and then did this:

Where I made a lot of mistakes but for some reason they sometimes turn out to be good mistakes.

Thoughtfree, bgmacaw, ASATKat and 4 others like this.
  8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oh, I am late again.

9. DrB

DrB Tele-Meister

@klasaine - Loved the rhythm part and the jazzy cool melody! Agile playing on the left channel!
    @Raimonds - Good one. Thanks for sharing.
    @Alan L Cole - Dual guitar action is cool... timed + left and right... The lead that comes in later did lovely lines! Nice!
    @ASATKat - The melody starting around 0:40 is very nice! Interesting tone, I've never done auto octaves. Like it.
    @guitarsophist - Nice tone. Nice note selection and phrasing. Cool and easy feel!

TBC

B

10. udoering

@warthog : a rocking track, steamin´. Nice!
    @NWinther : just love your tone and your style.
    @Mellencaster : bluesy tone and playing. Well done, man!
    @SbS : there´s always room to improve! Like your sparse playing, riffs thrown in. Second version sounds better!
    @fendrguitplayr : Nice theme with its variations; your overdriven tone has a horn-like quality.
    @bgmacaw : the fuzz sounds best in the higher registers, I think.
    @Mjark : like Mike, you played a auite bluesy version. Miss your Champ; hope Santa Claus will help out!
    @Kilgore Trout : hurray, octaves and sweet lines with a hint of jazz. Love the wah pedal.
    @JCL50 : your tone cuts through, thick and throaty. Good playing. Sometimes reminds me of Zappa.
    @DrB : you went the 7-minutes marathon! You sounds as if you are feeling at home. Like the change between fast single note playing and funky rythm stuff.
    @Mikejazz : skilled and creative playing!
    @klasaine : rythm track sounds good, adds to the energy of the track. Rocking lead with extensive jazzy parts.
    @Raimonds : hey, you are still on the planet, good! Despite of your non moving fingers (they seem to improve as you play), I dig what you did.

11. udoering

@Alan L Cole : you added more than one guitar track, sounds good. Your lead playing has this bluesrock quality that I know from you so well.
    @ASATKat : great melodies! Your calm playing contrasts well with the busy bt.
    @guitarsophist : you play your guitar like a vocalist would sing his / her lines. Dig that very much.
    @ghostchord : you surprised me in a very positive way! Very unexspected lines from two guitars melt together and sum up to a creative outcome.

ghostchord, ASATKat and Alan L Cole like this.
  12. Mellencaster

guitarsophist I liked the lead-in from the intro, it ties in together with the main track well. The laid back feel and the tone are a nice match with a very nice phrasing all through.
    ghostchord Cool uplifting phrasing with a theme and the two guitar tracks compliment each other.
    udoering Swell intro was cool . Nice theme with dynamic phrasing from low and upper registers, tasty octaves, and octave bends.Very good, Ullrich.

udoering and ghostchord like this.
  13. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

On Milo I used 2 guitars. A Washburn J 4 which is a full hollow body Howard Roberts style Jazz Box and one of my Tele's ..
    All guitar synth parts were done using my Jazz Box ...easy to tell since I doubled some of my Jazz lines with synths.

For any one that is interested Milo is my new dog .

I hope you enjoy the playing
    Kenny

14. Mellencaster

KennyWTelejazz Great mix of your guitars and with the synth. The chromatic runs sounded sweet and very nicely played, Kenny!

15. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

No track, but popped in to say happy birthday @Mellencaster. :D

Mellencaster likes this.
  16. estreet

estreet Tele-Holic

First take - Vela and my old Pod Live I dug out of a cupboard and thought I'd give it a go with.

17. Alan L Cole

Well Happy Birthday Mike!

Mellencaster likes this.
  18. Alan L Cole

Woof! Wow, a great track among some great submissions Kenny. Mike picked a great backer which brought out sone very cool playing.

19. Mellencaster

20. Alan L Cole

Yet another great take. Very cool Carl!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.