Backing Track Challenge - 276 Rock Ballad

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
@SbS - Nice playing but it sounds like the signal was too hot at points, causing some clipping. Audacity normalize can help or hurt with this, more often hurt in my experience. I've found it more effective to make sure the input isn't too hot and then adjust volume on the individual tracks for a good balance.
@Alan L Cole - Smooth playing
@simoncroft - Good overdriven tone, made me think 80's soundtrack
@JCL50 - Nice clean playing and tone
@Mellencaster - Interesting use of the split dual amp signal
@DrB - Good playing. I often play these long backing trackings to practice but recording all of it would catch a lot of mistakes and I run out of ideas.
@ghostchord - Good playing. Did you also go with a flanger?
@chris m. - (1) Good Marr-ish playing (2) the pad is a good addition
@JeffBro - You captured kind of a classic California jam sound in your extra long take
@ASATKat - Nice and smooth take.

SbS

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@SbS - Nice playing but it sounds like the signal was too hot at points, causing some clipping. Audacity normalize can help or hurt with this, more often hurt in my experience. I've found it more effective to make sure the input isn't too hot and then adjust volume on the individual tracks for a good balance.

Yeah thanks! My Audacity was weirdly updated to Audiotonic package.. try out..something. So some settings didn't stay like 'mic' input level. Noticed it too late. And while interface was nearly clipping (probably did too), levels in Audacity/tonic..thingy were modest to say. Normally I use little compression and just adjust channel levels, now tried this normalizing. But set max value something like -3 or -4dB

Another odd feature is that I can not reopen projects I just saved.. it says wrong version or something. Tried again today, same issue.

Need to investigate it when time. Do I have multiple version installations or what (PC)? Or start learning / using some other daw.

But whatever, must listen more people's takes tonight!

ghostchord

Tele-Holic
Good job, interesting tone.

The tone is Strat middle pickup -> GarageBand "Stadium Spread":
upload_2020-11-29_12-7-11.png

upload_2020-11-29_12-7-47.png

Seems to give my more staccato single-note playing a bigger feeling. It sounds a little underwhelming as a simple clean guitar.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm playing the head to Scott Henderson's tune Dog Walk. Normally it would be played over a bit faster rhumba groove, but I'm playing it over grindy blues with my bar buddies,

Scott has some really cool odd harmonies in 6ths.
After the head well, it's not Scott's fault lol, I'm trying a loose T-Bone style, a lot of finger style playing too.

Dog Walk - off Scott Henderson's Dog Party album,

Last edited: