1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Backing Track Challenge - 266 Blues Shuffle

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Wah? What a great idea, and great wah tone, what wah is it?
    Damn you're fast.

2. guitarsophist

guitarsophist Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

@Mjark - Great chord work! Really cool blues tone too. I like that jangle at the end.
    @ASATKat - Great blues tone. Sounds like I'm at Legends after midnight.
    @ghostchord - Very effective interval leaps. Fat blues tone.
    @bigbreak - Blues harp is always cool!
    @Squier by Squier - That initial tone is bluesharpish. The whole track is late night blues cool! And the whammy stuff sounds kind of San Francisco psychedelic, like Quicksilver Messenger Service. All cool.
    @fendrguitplayr - Nice chordal work! Getting old is what it is. We are becoming vintage! That's good, right?
    @NWinther - I think your title should be "The Blues Has Left Chicago and Crossed the Rainbow Bridge." Over the top all the way. Nice!
    @Alan L Cole - That tone doesn't sound tinny at all! It sounds blues-approved!
    @DrB - What a cool wah-harp-guitar blues tone! Good combination of long sustain and fast runs. Interesting throughout.
    @Peegoo - Some nice Elmore James licks at the beginning and you continue to draw from that well. Oh, and then some Freddie King! And a Chuck Berry chord at the end. Very cool and enjoyable.
    @Thoughtfree - Great hammer-ons done with intensity and style. I like the cleanish tone too.
    @udoering - Great band name: Sloppy Timing and the Warts. Tone and playing sound like blues to me. Pretty good too! I didn't hear any warts, but I suppose warts are not known to be noisy, just ugly. Ah, the two guitars midway through have a nice dialog.

3. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Take 2,
    This is my Lead mode dialed into my SRV Voodoo Child tone, kinda,,, uhm,,, sorta,,
    Influence? Bloomfield maybe, overdriven Fender? My first wakeup reality check went like "hey Cliffy, you know you're playing a Kat?" and damn, time to disconnect hands from guitar and fill my head with today's wildness into the >>weird whirled world<< of covid for a half hr, it's all I can handle,,, and then with all that "dark energy" I did another blues take lol/cry,.

This is my first wakeup take once I got the tone dialed in. Lots of "on the edge of wt?" moments, and,,,,,,

But,,, don't we all play on the ""edge of wt?" I ask you?

I just want to play with band.

My last notes are with the guitar turned off a bit early,

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    NWinther and udoering like this.
  4. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

I love a good harp player, and this person is very good. Love it.

5. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

I wanted to do a clean fat jazzier version over this, it's so hard to flow in jazz mode, but I gave it a shot, forgive me,

This is a tune by the great Horace Silver called Doodlin' that I first heard played by an early 20s Robben on stage, me 4 ft away, his power was like facing a hurricane back then. The tune is interesting in that it uses the major 7th interval to rub some tension on the dominant 7th chords, plus a cool bop line at the end of the chorus, what's not to love played by Horace. Listen to it, listen how it's really done.

This is my Kat's clean mode, clean and warmly bold.

Doodlin'

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    NWinther and udoering like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.