Backing Track Challenge - 264 Funk

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 4, 2020.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Man, that´s hot! You sound unleashed.

2. DrB

DrB Tele-Meister

@udoering - Thanks for the listen...

Unleashed eh? :)

Good observation, thanks... It has been a while (like a month or so) since my last recording. That's why I kinda let go in this one you know...

B :)

udoering likes this.
  3. DrB

DrB Tele-Meister

Very nice... Loved it!!! Has a funky roxy (in a good way) agility... Very well done! That lick around 1:23 is mighty tasty... Very cool picking too!

B

4. DrB

DrB Tele-Meister

@Alan L Cole - Nice! I wanna save the world mixed with Bladerunner kinda vibe. Very cool vid BTW!
    @udoering - Kept it funky... Dual guitars are cool, added dimension! Good coordination too..
    @Squier by Squier - The added wah rhythm is cool! Nice bends.
    @Mjark - Tight timing and groovy approach. Reminiscent of the original... Very nice, cool double bends.
    @Peegoo - Cool vibe! Loved the repetitive lick around 2:13 and 2:40... Tight timing and gives groove! Nice! I thought your tone could be a bit wetter. Loved the tone starting around :10 and the double stops at 3:23... When I was playing over them, I missed them completely and did not even notice until now... Very cool!
    @NWinther - You've got your own sound (as others have said) and this is very cool!
    @ASATKat - I like your main riff... A bit sad tho, which is cool!
    @klasaine - Very cool opening riff... And octaves are very tasty! Cool tone BTW.
    @guitarsophist - Cool tone out of them sims... Nice... I liked what I've heard... Nice note selection / melodies... You too did not miss them stops! Cool!
    @ghostchord - Nice melodies, starting around 1:24 nice melodies ... Just need a bit of exercise I suppose. Cool!
    @KennyWTelejazz - Cool. Jazzy fluid runs, not missing the stops! Cool...
    @Mellencaster - You've changed the song into rock, when it was supposed to be funk... :) Cool... "No Funk Here" !!! nice!
    @HoodieMcFoodie - Cool melodies and repetitions with dual guitars... Nice theme! Nice tone!
    @Raimonds - Nice lead tone... Cool melodies.

B

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 2:41 PM
    udoering and NWinther like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.