Backing Track Challenge - 242 Pink Floyd Style Rock

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Apr 3, 2020.

1. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

:) Thanks...ah the gear...my 87 Ibanez RG-135 with a Pro Line maple neck and Wilde L-500c neck, Wilde L-45 middle, Wilde L-500-R bridge....no splitting or anything...no need!
    Into an old Guyatone Driving compressor, first drive was my trimmed 08 MXR Dist+ that I have worked on...making it more oldschool....also used a Guyatone Moving box chorus, for the last part I used my Maxon D&S fuzz, delay is my one of a kind switchable dual head delay my old work mate Thomas made for me some years back, it has no noise reduction and a simple filtering plus modulation...at the end I used my Boss Tera Echo....subtle setting...into my Hiwatt style 50w combo with a Fane 12" speaker :)

Sorry Ullrich...my wife is working at home these days...so no guitar playing as my PC is right next to her work space.....now we have a few days off...so got the chance this morning :) I missed quite a few jams....sadly!! I am also busy with the house.....not much else to do...I play my acoustic in the evening.....I am conteplating installing a record suite on my laptop...finally got it working again!!

DrB likes this.
  2. DrB

DrB Tele-Meister

Cool!

I wanna get me a Hiwatt with Fanes... DR504C212 to be exact... Is that yours? It's heavy no?

B

3. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Mine has a single 12"...it was an old prototype that never got made....why I do not know...The only differences are Drake transformers and only two inputs, but you can blend both normal and bright without a jumper...really nice! It plays great both a low and loud volumes! And yeah it is kinda hefty to lug around :D The DR 504 is even heavier...

4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

BTW, the impulse response I used on my take was a Hiwatt SE4123 cabinet with 4x12 Fane Purplebacks.

DrB and NWinther like this.
  5. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@Mikejazz - A lovely second take and quite liked after the break
    @Mjark -Very nice fills with the twelve-string and another fine take overall.
    @Alan L Cole - Good use of delay and modulation, very Gilmourish.
    @alainvey - Congrats on the new ax and well-perfororned take.
    @guitarsophist - The acoustic works really well with the track dynamics and feel.
    @DrB -Sweet lines all through your track and singing bends.
    @bigbreak -Welcome and love the country vibe that you've played
    @NWinther - Hey Niels very nicely played and lovely tone.

NWinther and DrB like this.
  6. Faunaserene

Faunaserene NEW MEMBER!

Hello my name is Faunaserene and Im new here though I know a few people are here from soundclick…...I am presenting my take on the FLoyd backer in cm posted on soundclick….. I added guitar vst playing though outright and not a pattern but a melody......and I also added lyrics and vocals by me the song I changed the title to Suffer Not pertaining to the COvid 19 virus....here is my take from my soundclick page...https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14029317

udoering and Mellencaster like this.
  7. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Faunaserene Lovely interpretation and welcome on your first track here.

8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@Faunaserene : welcome, Katherine! Your track was a real surprise; vocals aren´t often to be found here, as are women. Looking forward on more contributions.

9. Faunaserene

Faunaserene NEW MEMBER!

THank you …...
    I was invited my MIke Bennett thinking Id find my place on here......but I see its solely for guitarist buffs.....so I feel uncomfortable..... I wasn't sure what I was getting into..... so I may go off here......Im actually at soundclick… have been there over 21 years...…..Im actually not a guitarist though I play my own style which is not like everybody else....I strum more than anything.... im just a wanna be guitarist and I cant even bring myself to say guitarist......though I play... I am proud of my achievements as a keyboardist though I give all the credit to my ears and its magic over the years cause that's how I play almost snowflake music improvisational...….but Ive got over 2000 songs since 2004 because music has been my meditation for since 2004 everyday Im on my keyboard and sing......I also play elec. mountain dulcimer which right now is broke because of a bad pickup. and I play lyre . harp. plucked psaltery. kantele.harp zither.... these are easy to play for me..but as far as technique goes on them......but I have really flowered on my keys...….I don't quite understand the interface on this site...…..its not easy to manuevre…..THe closest I do to guitar is play smoking guitar vsts on my keyboard outright.... I did that in that song...…….that was no pattern but a melody line...….and pitch bending. and I wrote the lyrics for the song and sang it...…

10. bigbreak

bigbreak Tele-Meister

Link not working for me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.