1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Back In Black . . . 30 years on.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by PeteMac, Jul 24, 2010.

1. PeteMac

PeteMac Friend of Leo's

It's the second highest selling album of all time, and it turns 30 this weekend.

Back in Black . . . AC/DC's triumphant return from tragedy, was celebrated here in ol' Melbourne town last night at The Cherry Bar, in AC/DC Lane, in the heart of the city.
    Tribute band "Back in Black" (of course ! ) were rockin' the house and between sets AccaDacca classics were belting through the p.a.

Aahhhh ! . . . good times.

I was (and still am ) more of an early period fan. I learned to play rhythm guitar to "T.N.T" (their real second album !) But there's no denying the impact that Back In Black has had on the world !

Ok . . . a couple of snaps from last night . . .

"Angus"
    DSC_0142.jpg

. . . and "Brian".
    DSC_0131.jpg

2. timmytVA

timmytVA Tele-Holic

I remember riding my bike to K mart on release day to get it. 30 years on and it's still desert island disc material for me. I've probably listened to it more than any other album.

Tim

3. TMoxness

TMoxness Tele-Meister

Great rock record.

Hell of a debut for their new singer.

4. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Love that album. Unfortunately, some dirty, low-down, no-good, thieving, dirty dog stole my copy and I haven't got around to replacing it.

5. TXAg14

TXAg14 Tele-Meister

Back In Black holds a very special place in my heart. My dad bought me this album for my 14th birthday. Up until that point, I wasn't really all that into music. I put it on that evening and it blew my mind. My musical obsession began with this album. So I guess my love of music can be attributed to Back In Black. And my dad, of course.

6. nevadacalifornia

nevadacalifornia Tele-Meister

I bought my first copy of that album, the summer it came out. I was on a family vacation with my parents, heading from WI, to Mount Rushmore. Anyway, I spend my hard earned money on it, somewhere along the way. I stored it in the back window area of our 76 Impala for the remainder of the trip. It was almost 100 degrees every day. When we get back home I find that it had severely warped. I was heartbroken. My father bought me a new copy of the record, and I proceeded to play it non-stop for months. --You know, my dad hated heavy rock n roll. I can still here him shouting from the living room, "Turn that long haired sh*t down"

7. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

A gem from start to finish. Easily one of my all - time favorite albums. Every newbie or hack guitarist world - wide should give it up to the Young brothers every time they strum " Back in Black " or " Shook Me All Night Long." The Young brothers and Keef sit atop the mountain of " less is more " in rock.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.