Many moons ago I picked up a little Epiphone Valve Jr. head to mess around with. This had to be back in the early 2000's and I wanted a little tube amplifier to satisfy that want. But I am also one to not leave anything alone, so I decided to do some minor modding from the information I found on the webs regarding trace issues and such. I added a three band EQ, decided to scrap the old PCB and made a new eyelet board and rewired the whole thing. Eventually I got sound out of it but the EQ was bad and not really useable and the JR went onto the shelf for other options. A few weeks ago I was playing around on the 5E3 and was really wishing I had a little less volume. So I started researching a volume cut on the 5E3 but then realized I finally got it where I liked it and did not want to mess with it. It was then I remember the unloved JR on the shelf in the garage. I went and dug the JR out, the face all cut up with the multiple holes for the 3 band EQ and the extra hole for the standby switch I was going to add (yeah I was not very amp savvy back then). I checked out the guts, oh my, I need to do some lead trimming on that unit!! Anyway, long story not so short, I re-soldered a bunch of joints, shortened some leads, ditched the 3 band EQ in favor of a single tone knob, and bought some new JJ tubes for it. After that I used robrob's start up procedure with a LBL and it did not appear to have any issues. Plugged it into a 10" stand alone cabinet with a Jensen Special speaker I built years ago and now I have low watt tube bliss. I can't believe how good this little thing sounds so far as such quiet volumes. I made a hand written face plate to cover all the surgeries this little thing endured in the past. I will probably update that later on with an engraved plate of some sort but for now it will just get played.