1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

BABICZ BRIDGE | What The Benefit New 'Ashtray' Bridge Is ?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Skeletone, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Pete, it's capital 1, lower-case 9, lower-case 3. Cheers!

gregulator450, Dan German and PeterUK like this.
  2. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Thanks. I'll try it right away! :cool:

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've got an overengineered sense of what looks right on an electric guitar, and what doesn't. To me, there's just some things that work, visually, and some things that look ridiculous. And to me, Babicz (God Bless Them) have a way of coming up with bridges that are way beyond awful. Visually.

I found their products seem to work, but I don't hear enough good sounds to make up for the outrageous way it looks or the weirdness of having one of these bridges under your hand. I don't even think these would "seem right" on an Ibanez or Yamaha.

That Cal Webway likes this.
  4. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Sustaincity?

Sustenance?

For the record, I have nothing against the bridge. Well, not much. I don’t think it looks horrible (although I wouldn’t buy one), and I’m sure it works fine. If someone I knew put one on his/her guitar, I’d say “cool, dude.” But I don’t even like six saddle bridges on my Tele. Or my Strat. My Danelectro has one saddle, and it’s a fret in a block of wood. No one’s ever complained about my tone. Well, actually, they have. A lot. But they don’t blame it on my bridge.

LPTyler and itskohler like this.
  5. archtop_fjk

archtop_fjk Tele-Holic

How about “I can’t get no ... sustainifaction”? :D

Dan German likes this.
  6. Hibernian

Hibernian TDPRI Member

Don't know about the tonal impact but I am sure it improves someone's profitality

boris bubbanov likes this.
  7. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

I bought the original version for a Tele I'm working on. I haven't used it yet but I've installed two for my bass player & really liked them.

For my project I specifically wanted a Top Loading bridge that was not a Vintage Style & not of Knock off quality. I personally don't like the feel of a Vintage bridge & I had already bought an American Series bridge that I was going to modify to be a Top Loader when I noticed that the Babicz bridge can be used for modern 3 hole or vintage 4 hole mounts. I figured if I don't like it can just do a Vintage Top Loader anyway.

I get why Babicz would want to try to make it look more like a traditional Tele bridge as dare I say many of us Tele players seem to be a stickler for tradition. Of course it stands to reason that those who are stuck on tradition won't want the Babicz no matter what it looks like.

8. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

It's really a beautiful piece of hardware.

But it's not what I look for in a tele bridge. For my use there's nothing better that a Glendale bridge plate and saddles. Call me a cork sniffing traditionalist if you must.

gregulator450 likes this.
  9. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Meh. I‘ll cross (off) that bridge when I get to it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    PeterUK likes this.
  10. dean

dean Friend of Leo's

But . . . the free t-shirt!

PeterUK likes this.
  11. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I like the concept of having the entire saddle contact the bridge plate, but who am I to say what it may or may not do for "tone" and "sustain"? I think the design concept is sound but I tire of the marketing hype.

12. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

It has the ooh shiny factor for sure, but from a utility perspective same difference between a Casio & Rolex

13. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I was on the verge of pressing the order button but noticed they won't send a T-shirt to us Johnny Foreigners, so I emptied the basic.

Gutted! :mad:

dean likes this.
  14. Skeletone

Skeletone TDPRI Member

@El Tele Lobo Thank you for sharing your personal experiences and pointed out these problems as a real voice of the user !

I just interested in this product because 'looks' very precisely made by machine and talking to myself "Does the precision bridge project better tone more than vintage-style bridge plate + 3 barrel saddles and how better ?"

That's good to hear all your guys opnions and thoughts. I totally agreed it's over-engineered particularly for Tele.
    Needless to say, I wouldn't buy this bridge. 6 saddles bridge is good but my preference is 3 barrel saddles bridge - it's less is more fits for Tele :)

El Tele Lobo and PeterUK like this.
  15. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

It's the guitar bridge version of a computer cooling fan with color-changing LEDs: they cool the computer no better than the stock fan, and the blinky lights add nothing substantive beyond the 'wooo' factor. But if that's how you want to pay to play GTA/COD/EIEIO, enjoy!

16. richbike

richbike Tele-Meister

works for me ...which is why im still £hit!

Peegoo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.