B-Blender problem

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Boreas, Dec 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Boreas

    Boreas Tele-Meister

    Age:
    65
    Posts:
    118
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2019
    Location:
    Port Kent, NY
    Actually, the kit comes with a snap-on piece of Delrin that snaps onto the pivot bar to address that situation. So it isn't metal-on-metal. Plus it has the ability to spin on the bar as well.
     
  2. AndyPanda

    AndyPanda Tele-Holic

    Age:
    66
    Posts:
    762
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2019
    Location:
    Bay Area, California
    Are the bridge saddles roller saddles? If not, you can polish the string groove in the saddle (not the nut - the saddle at the bridge). I'd look at that saddle slot with a magnifier and perhaps shape the back of the string groove it so the string has the smoothest path. And try some lube in that B saddle groove.

    SaddleSot.jpg
     
    Boreas likes this.
  3. Boreas

    Boreas Tele-Meister

    Age:
    65
    Posts:
    118
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2019
    Location:
    Port Kent, NY
    This one has roller saddles. They seem to work the best.
     
  4. Pineears

    Pineears Tele-Afflicted

    Posts:
    1,416
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2016
    Location:
    Texas
    F9D0999D-AAC0-48A3-AAF8-CABFA2AEFADE.png

    DIY soldering not required.
     
    Boreas likes this.
  5. Boreas

    Boreas Tele-Meister

    Age:
    65
    Posts:
    118
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2019
    Location:
    Port Kent, NY
    Thanks! I found out about these the other day. I have ordered a few sets.
     
  6. Boreas

    Boreas Tele-Meister

    Age:
    65
    Posts:
    118
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2019
    Location:
    Port Kent, NY
    D'Addario sent me two replacement soldered B strings and a set of soldered strings. Very nice of them. They gave no explanation, so hopefully the soldered connections will take care of the problem. We'll see...
     
  7. Boreas

    Boreas Tele-Meister

    Age:
    65
    Posts:
    118
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2019
    Location:
    Port Kent, NY
    All - thanks for your help. I believe I have the problem sorted. It appears it was NOT a string problem but a design/manufacturing issue with the B-Blender. Yes, the strings were unwinding, but only after being cut by the mounting hole. I should have examined the damaged string more carefully. The break was down in the winding. As you can see from the pix, an upbend on the whammy arm would cause contact with the string windings. So I will break out the Dremel and widen and smooth the hole for the string so the ball sits deeper. That will bring the exiting string closer to the center of the hole, avoiding contact. I will also enlarge the exit while I have it apart. I will also send the info to Jim Alday.
     

    Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.