B bender that attaches at original button location..

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by fenderguy, May 13, 2020.

1. fenderguy

fenderguy Tele-Meister

Does anyone know of a bender builder who makes and installs quality benders that use the upper strap button without destroying the back by routing all the wood away? I've had a glaser and a mcvay but sold both because of how the guitar hangs, both are excellent benders and if I can't find what I'm looking for would definitely consider one again.. it always felt top heavy and think they should hang normal.. just my opinion.. if anyone has one I'd really like to see pics... thank you

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

I’ll be interested in any answers here. I’ve had Glasers since 1991 and much prefer how the neck plate strap placement brings the guitar closer to the body. I do have a Parsons but it doesn’t get nearly as much playing time.

fenderguy likes this.
  3. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

Here's a Warford bender I believe. I bought it a few years ago on the SGF. It has the rod through the body like a Glaser but the strap lever in where the P/W benders are so it uses a standard strap button instead of that lever like the Glaser has. Also you just load the B string in through the same back hole as you normally would with a non bender guitar..... Here's a shot or two of it....JH in Va. Bender Tele 2.jpg Bender Tele 1.jpg

fenderguy likes this.
  4. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

I feel your pain ! I personally do not like the positioning of the NECK PLATE lever, but suspect that after some seat time it works itself out. I prefer the standard strap location.

I own 4 bender guitars, 2 are the Parsons style with routing , ( PG and FL jr) both are pulled at the standard strap button, another is the McEwen system which mounts to the back of the guitar, this one pulls at a lever close to the neck plate. The last is the Gibson Music City Jr which uses a Glaser system but pulls at the standard strap button location.

I do believe by shortening the strap and adjusting how we may HOLD the guitar, the neck lever becomes no big deal. Theres too many out there that nobody is complaining about ! It may just take a bit of time tog t used to it. Try sitting behind a Pedal Steel.

I also believe that having a routed guitar is not as big a deal as many are making it out to be a , its not. There are also too many out that that nobody is complaining about.

"I wanna make my guitar into a B Bender but don't want to ruin the guitar " . Thats an interesting take !

If someone is worried, find a Fender PG guitar, buy it and see if you are even going to enjoy Bending or can get past lesson 1-simple Bends.

One of two things will happen,

1-you won't like Bending and sell it, never to look back
    2-You will rush to get another BENDER guitar regardless of the type of installation .

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Doc Leon and fenderguy like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.