B. B. King RIP

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by younkint, May 15, 2015.

1. orangedrop

orangedrop Friend of Leo's

The beautiful man who got me into playing the blues.
    This is a cut from the first blues album I ever heard.
    Thank you for the humility.

2. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I was fortunate to see BB play the Manchester Free Trade Hall quite a while ago. It was a hell of a concert as Fleetwood Mac were also on the bill and Peter joined BB on stage to trade licks. The music coming out of these two virtuoso pickers that night was staggering !
    Thanks for the memories BB ...

3. max_twang

max_twang Tele-Afflicted

How lucky I was to have enjoyed his music over the years, and how sad I am that he is gone. RIP BB.

4. refin

refin Friend of Leo's

BB was the best :cry:

5. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

Was lucky enough to see him a few times, and meet him once. He was as nice as people say.

That's me on the right.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Attached Files:

6. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

I just watched 'The Life of Riley' which was on Sky last night - bit spooky that this was scheduled to air just a few days after he passed.....

I don't think I learned anything new from the film - in fact, much of it is almost word-perfect to his autobiography which I'm reading at the moment - but the humility of the man comes across in every frame he's in and I admit to crying at times when he speaks so frankly about getting old and playing for as long as he is able.

Like many have said already, although I never met him or even had the chance to see him on stage, it really does feel like I've lost a close family member with his passing.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro Tele-Afflicted

This is for you B.B. God bless you.

8. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I saw on ebay today some guy had a BB king autographed guitar for sale for $16,000.00
    I love it when the Vultures come out, it sure demeans this man's life long contributions to a money grab, it should be illegal!!

9. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

My tribute to Riley B King(BB King)

Even i never met him in person BB was my source of inspiration for me to learn to played the blues. My father thought me how to play(few chords) and the rest came after a saw a video of BB King in 1987 and i was amazed how he played whit such charisma. Later i founded that he was not just a good guitar player but a real gentlemen, every artist who ever record or played whit him always said how gererous person he was, just a exemple to follow. I uderstand that nobody is perfect and he must made mistakes in is life but on stage or on recording etc he was a special artist. Even that he admit himself that there where some better singers and guitar players to my book he was the best. Last week we lost a legend and i had in my life had the previlege to saw him on concert in Moncton New Brunswick just that was a great gift. BB have fun in heaven jaming and giging whit all others great one who past away. Your singing and and your music will still lives on. R.I.P. BB King(Riley B King)

Last edited: May 19, 2015
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.