1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

B. B. King RIP

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by younkint, May 15, 2015.

1. trey

trey Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I was fortunate to see all Three Kings. Freddie first at the Tower movie theater in Corpus in 1973 or 74. I move to Austin in 1975. On my first night in town I heard Albert King playing at the original Antones on 6th. I'd gotten there early and was having my scotch when I felt a large presence beside me. I looked up, stood up and shook Albert King's hand.

First saw B. B. at the old Armadillo World Headquarters in '76. Pressed up against the stage directly beneath him. Had tears in my eyes when he played Rock Me Baby. Got to see him a couple of more times in later years but, that first time was the memory I'm holding dear. Tremendous influence for me and my friends. Opened the door and showed us the road.

God Bless B. B. King. My life would have been lesser without your music.

2. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Heard about his passing while being at work early this morning . It has been a very sad day .RIP B B King , Sir ,thanks for what you have done to our music .

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

A man from another era, one I was familiar with, I'm not sure there's anyone to replace him at least for me.

4. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

He must have moved on to some really beautiful place.

Better not look down
    if you want to keep on flying
    put the hammer down and full speed ahead.

5. Tele Convert

Tele Convert Tele-Holic

Terribly sad to hear the news today. Another Great One heads off to the big gig in the sky. RIP, Mr King, and thank you.

6. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

BB lived life to the fullest. He never stopped playing until the end.

7. rave

rave Tele-Holic

Heard the news on my way in to work listening to his station on Sirius and have been down all day. Truly the end of an era. I always loved his playing but reading his autobiography gives you a new appreciation for him as a gentlemen, employer and great human being.

They were playing Sweet 16, which is one of my favorite tunes by BB. He plays the solo on the front end of the tune and then delivers fills and a vocal that just amaze me every time I hear it.

RIP

Rave

8. Jay Isler

Jay Isler Tele-Meister

Rest well Mr. King. Thank you for your music.

9. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

Night Life in '79 at the Ritz downtown Manhattan. I was seventeen and crying like a baby with forty-year-old ladies doing the same. Communal catharticism. Profound memory.

10. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Rest in peace BB King ,you were my introduction to the blues as a kid

This was posted on facebook , kind words from Eric Clapton

11. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

thank you for sharing

12. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Heaven done called another blues stringer back home. RIP BB King. You were the greatest of 'em all.

13. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It's hard to name anyone who had more influence on music or musicians than B. B. King. He worked hard, and gave every impression that he loved to perform and appreciated his audience. Thank you Bluesman.

14. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

I was listening to Bluesville on t he way in to work. I get the feeling by 6:30 when I was heading in, they had already cut some of those "tribute" sweepers between songs, in anticipation. On the way home they had some new ones, but it seems like they made them "just in case". :(

15. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Such a lovely man. I will always treasure the generous gift of his time to my wife and I backstage at his very first Australian concert in 1973.

We were young fans and when I asked BB if I could take a photo of him with my wife he suggested I get a friend to take the photo so I could be in it as well.

One of a kind in many, many ways.

16. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Another unicorn slides into the curtain of time, this one had the gift of music and grace,and the magic of soul. A great King indeed!!!

I hope he was not in any pain, he deserved that!

17. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

r.i.p bb, you will be missed. sad news indeed. he will live on tho. last of a generation for sure.

nice comments from eric.. nothing fake about how bb effective him in that good bye video.

chris.

Attached Files:

18. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's

Got in my truck to head to work this morning and had B.B. King's Bluesville on my Sirius radio. While driving it dawned on me that they had played 4 B.B. Songs in a row, then I got a weird feeling and checked the news on my phone. Damn!

B.B.'s music had a huge influence on me through the years. It saddens me that he is gone. :( R.I.P. Mr. King!

19. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

RIP BB King. I only had the pleasure of seeing you once at an outdoor concert in the mid nineties. It only took a minute to realize who was on stage in front of me. I was close enough to see your every move. The Thrill isn't gone. Thank you.

Personally I like all the early stuff much better. I like the edgier guitar and younger voice. He kind of lost that going through the seventies and got smoother. Not bad, just different. Still a King.

20. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

So sad that I never saw him live... RIP, BB!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.