B. B. King RIP

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by younkint, May 15, 2015.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

B.B. was one of those people you hoped would live forever. Seeing him as a 14 year old suburban boy changed my life. He lives on in all of us who've learned a little something from his playing. Really sad to see him pass.

God bless you, B.B. Thanks for the music.

2. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Been looking for stuff on YouTube to watch in the background while getting some reports done. Found this one....thought it was good especially his talk of guitar playing.

3. didikai

didikai Tele-Meister

Listen to the audience reaction when on Live at the Regal he sings the line '''I gave you seven children....and now you wanna give em back

4. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

Rip BB you where the king of blues

Attached Files:

5. Elmore

Elmore Tele-Holic

I saw him in '81 or '82 at the fine arts auditorium at the University of Georgia in Athens, Ga. It was outstanding and memorable. What a talent and showman!

6. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Here's non-musical clip from a favorite movie of mine. I never realized that was BB King until someone mentioned it last year.

7. TelecasterSam

TelecasterSam Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for teaching us the blues. When I heard Don't Answer The Door on WLAC when I was about 14, it changed my guitar playing all together. I'm glad I got to see him twice, once with Roy Buchanon and then with Bobby Bland. He was a great entertainer.

8. dmarcus30

dmarcus30 Tele-Holic

I saw the notice on BB and it just stunned me. No matter how clear it is that someone's near the end it still comes as a shock.
    It's like Mt. Rushmore just fell down.

I would not even exist as a guitarist if it weren't for him and the young white guys he influenced like Clapton and Booomfield that constantly sang his praises and opened his career to white audiences.
    Eric's Facebook vid clip about BB is very touching. It appears that he has been crying.
    At least BB got paid and won Grammys, traveled the world, hung out with presidents and kings. He was probably the greatest of the post WW 2 bluesmen, certainly the last of them.
    Muddy, Wolf, T- Bone, Gatemouth Brown, Little Walter, Elmore James, Jimmy Reed, Albert and Freddie King, all were and are hugely influential but only BB had really great visionary management and he always delivered the goods. The other guys got short-changed in varying degrees, if not outright cheated by racism and the Music Business.

9. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

RIP Riley.

My earliest exposure to the blues was BB King on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Johnny used to have him on regularly. My father would always make a note to tell me when he was going to be on and I would stay up late and watch. I don't even think I knew what the blues really was then. His presence was just so enormous and he came off as being a genuinely nice person.

10. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

don't be sad he's gone ...if you were asked if you could live a life like BB's and die in your sleep 4 months before your 90th birthday I bet most would take it and rejoice...BB is gone but he won't be forgotten...thanks Mr.King ..rest in peace

[​IMG]

11. RedWhiteBlues

RedWhiteBlues Tele-Meister

"...I don't like anyone to be angry with me, I'd rather have friends - BB King"

Mr. King's friends are the millions of us that have been inspired by his music. Rest in peace.

12. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

AMEN to all of these!! I had no clue about this until I saw it here.....I'm heartbroken.....B.B. was truly a favorite of mine.....

13. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

14. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

15. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Yes. The man earned his peace.

Whichever era you prefer, he was real. From what I listened to, he was first the King of the Blues Singers (before the guitar rose to prominence on shoulders like his) and then the King of the Blues.

His passing saddens me like very few others, but as was noted above, he lived a great life and was the essence of a great musician.

Long live the King.

16. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

A lot of people forget that B.B. King played a Telecaster when he was starting out. Great photo.

17. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

Now that I've had time to digest this sad news I'm actually feeling even sadder as it almost feels like I've lost a family member.

I watched a couple of dvd performances of BB last night, one of them being the SRV tribute gig from 1995 and Jimmie Vaughan said something when introducing BB that pretty well sums it up - "without BB there would be no electric blues cos we're all trying to sound like him".

18. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Ain't nobody as cool as B.B.

This is just horrible news :/

19. Johnny P

Johnny P Tele-Meister

I saw him on the Dick Cavett Show and bought "Live at Cook County Jail" shortly thereafter. Blown away then, and it stills blows me away. I was glad I got to see him live in Pittsburgh about 6 years ago. :(

20. Don Mare

Don Mare Tele-Afflicted

The King! BB, will always remain The King of the Blues down here on Earth.
    My Prayers and condolences,

when I was young , late 60's early 70's and struggling to learn how to play electric guitar, a Hip family told us --> "You Gotta get into _The Three Kings_" "we went whats that?"
    "BB,ALBERT,FREDDIE-KING" -- so we went out and bought their Lp's.

BB was the last of the Living 3 kings, I was lucky enough to See Albert , but I never saw Freddie.

RIP, Don Mare
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My most worn out BB CD, was his LP titled "Completely Well"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.