B-52s were such fun to watch…

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
Thought you meant this kind.
YY2N3IHJIBGXRHXTRYCWMMJYBI.jpg

They are amazing to watch taking off and landing.

image.jpg

On take off they don't rotate a bunch, so if you are on the back side of the hangars you see the tail rise over the hangars first. That's kind of weird.

4522579233_d33b464e5b_b.jpg

Landing in a cross-wind they can crab the landing gear and land with the nose upwind. That's about weird.

DSC07495a_m.jpg

It is also weird to be out on the flight line as they taxi out and watch the wingtip landing gear tip up and go by at head height. Woot.

Sorry for the derail.

Bob

srblue5

Tele-Afflicted
I remember their cameo appearance in Paul Simon’s One Trick Pony film.

Family Guy probably helped put “Rock Lobster” back on the map.

Fun band!

Blue Bill

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
It must have been early Fall, 1979, after the Planet Claire album came out. I lucked into a front row seat, right in front of Cindy Wilson, when they played at the UMass Fine Arts Center. I was so smitten with her spectacular hair, her sad Barbarella eyes, and her singing, I was in a state of aesthetic arrest for days, unable to speak properly or think clearly. I think I'm still kinda in love with her. What a woman.

b52s_live83_cindy_300dpi.jpeg

Last edited:

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
In the first video, is that Mosrite strung with only four strings? From low to high EAxxBe?

Yes, story as they tell it is Ricky couldn’t afford to replace strings that Keith the drummer had broken. He did have another low and high E string. He left the two broken strings off and strung it with the low E and two high E strings and tuned them low. He wrote Rock Lobster on that guitar and he kept that way from then on. I believe he did Planet Clare with as well.