1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ay Oh! American Originals Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Slim Chance, Feb 15, 2018.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I almost sold my AVRI 62 for the LPB AO60's tele! because of the narrow tall frets..

But I didnt push through with it, instead I'm saving up for the LPB tele to be a a part of my double bound tele collection! hopefully soon I'll be a member!

2. hydra19

hydra19 TDPRI Member

I've been trying to resist buying the AO60 LPB for the last few days, have read every thread on it, but somehow have missed this one.

The binding gets me, and it gets my gf as well, but I have been trying to find more value in a Tokai, Crews or Navigator but those are used and are very close to the AO. Not sure how long before I cave in and just get it! I don't understand the massive disappointment compared to the AV line.

Only thing I'm not happy about is the price, looks and sounds great :)
    Will post pics when I succumb

3. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

they are amazing.
    I don't understand why people are mad, either...except they're taking out their anger on the AV52 being discontinued I think.
    When I got my AO50 (avatar) I called Fender and they explained that this configuration is the #1 request they get in their custom shop: vintage specs with a modern neck radius.

So that's what they did with these guitars. My AO50 is perhaps the best tele I've ever owned hands down.

gwjensen and Fendereedo like this.
  4. hydra19

hydra19 TDPRI Member

I've ordered it! Can't wait to try it out....I'll take post pics and give my review in a couple of days

gwjensen and Fendereedo like this.
  5. Kezzell

Kezzell TDPRI Member

My A.O. 60.

Attached Files:

gwjensen, whoanelly15 and Fendereedo like this.
  6. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Just tried out a fiesta red yesterday. I love the thing, but I'm in 2 minds whether or not to get another Vintera. I love the LPB in the 60s AO.

gwjensen likes this.
  7. hydra19

hydra19 TDPRI Member

My LPB AO60 Telecaster arrived yesterday!

This is one of my first times buying a new guitar. The fretboard needs oil and looks a bit cheap because it isn’t, it’s really light, at 7.5 pounds and the pickups sound great! Most of all, the color is sexy as hell! It’s the main reason I bought it!
    My other guitars are from ESP Navigator line and IMO those are above even the CS stuff so I won’t compare them.
    I’ll get a better feel for the guitar once I put on my strings, set it up and oil the board. I’ll take some NGD pics as well, this thread needs more pics! Give me a few days...

gwjensen and whoanelly15 like this.
  8. Thanasis

Thanasis TDPRI Member

Got my AO 50s tele in butterscotch blonde exactly three weeks ago. Cannot stop playing it.

gwjensen and RadioFM74 like this.
  9. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Got the 50s, need to get some pics up... 2018 model I bought used in dead mint condition. It was on the rack for only one day at GC, so not even smudge marks... Beautiful, rolled neck... feels more like a large C than a U, but maybe thats because of the rolled edges... My Vintera 50s doesn't have that and feels more like a U. Might even be a tad larger, but the AO feels SO nice... Full, rich sounding pickups... whats not to like!

RadioFM74 and Thanasis like this.
  10. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

Tried one in Aztec Gold on Saturday, and was just about to take it home. My oh my what a strat… Congrats! We want pics!

(PS: I compared it directly with a Vintera 50s… I must say that the Vintera, which cost exactéy half the price, was only slightly less guitar, and with a good setup – which it lacked, poor little darling – it could have come close… the two biggest and kind of permanent differences, it seemed to me, are the neck tint and the lack of rolled fretboard. With these two, I did not really feel a difference in radius and fretwork.)

(PPS: Oops, I was talking strats and you were talking teles! But I guess it’s all good ;D).

gwjensen likes this.
  11. Thanasis

Thanasis TDPRI Member

I don't know my Us from my large Cs all that well but my AO neck is tremendous. Solid and smooth. A bit sticky to start with, being nitro and brand new, but it's getting less sticky and easier to play now. I think the rolled edges make it easier to get to the strings particularly the low E, and A.

Yes the pickups are great too. I'm in love with the middle position.

gwjensen likes this.
  12. gwjensen

vinteras are very good guitars. I got a great deal on the used AO so not much more than a new vintera and in that respect worth the difference for better sounding pickups (to my ears) a nicer neck, a bit more attention to detail, nitro finish, and American made. I couldn’t stretch to a new AO, so this worked out great and it’s my first american Fender.

RadioFM74 likes this.
  13. gwjensen

I haven’t been a fan of the middle position until now, especially with the tone rolled down a bit. My first tele with a good tones in ALL the positions.

RadioFM74 likes this.
  14. Thanasis

Thanasis TDPRI Member

Here is mine. [​IMG]

gwjensen and RadioFM74 like this.
  15. Thanasis

Thanasis TDPRI Member

Better photo below...

16. Thanasis

Thanasis TDPRI Member

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.