$ave your$elf some Ca$h $$$$

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Lost_N_Austin, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If you Shave or if your wife or significant other shaves - read this and watch the video

This is on the internet so it has to be true right?

Okay I know I've entered the land of skeptics here but I tried this and it works.

I recommend that you run a test before you write this off, there is some real money to be saved here.

Before you try the sharpening of your used blade, just run the razor down the side of your bare face on one side to see how well it cuts. Then after you try this sharpening technique, test it out on the other side of your face. If you don't agree that there is a remarkable difference, I give you your money back. Oh, I forgot this advice is FREE.

There is one more thing - save money by buying the Blue Razors instead of the Pink Razors of the same brand. It is the same product, but marketing people know that Women will pay more so they mark up the price on the Ladies. Check it out the next time you are in CVS or Walgreens.

Okay, now start the "Levi's are better than Wrangler's" post if you will but this really works.

Lost_N_Austin

SALE
    [​IMG]$7.99

[​IMG] $8.99

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Hmm
    In theory I guess if you are sharpening 1/2 of a 2sided object..
    I will have to test also

3. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I save myself money by using an electric shaver.

4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

i cannot get a close shave with an electric on my neck...i have a very coarse beard

5. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

What I've found is that my disposable razors go bad WHEN I LEAVE WHISKERS OR HAIR in between the blades after using them. If I rinse the razor out REALLLLLLY WELL, the razor will last longer. I don't know why, but maybe the hair dries and hardens against the blades making them SEEM like they are dull the next time I use them???

The blue jeans trick might somehow dislodge the dried hair from the blades.

6. candybluecrook

candybluecrook Tele-Afflicted

Try using a short burst of compressed air on the head from behind it when you finish shaving. I do this and my razors last longer too.

I've been doing the jeans trick except with a razor strap for a little while... I think it makes a difference. But that's just me.

7. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I found out 40 years ago that if I quit shaving altogether I saved money. However I'll pass this on to the wife because the Bearded Lady savings method for women didn't get received very well.

8. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

i use an old fine bristle toothbrush for getting the gunk out from in between the blades

9. Brother Rob

Brother Rob Tele-Holic

That $8 pack of razors will last me 6 months. Even if this works and you tell me you're going to extend the life of the razor by 10%, we're talking an annual grand total savings of $1.60

Not my definition of "real money"

10. stevehyphen

stevehyphen Tele-Meister

I'm did pretty good last month saving money on razors. I was outside having a smoke at work when some hobo gets off the bus and walks over my way. He asks me for a cigarette because he just used the only money he had to pay for bus fair. I oblige, and after a very sketchy conversation he hands me two unopened lifted packs of Gilette Sensor blades. Those things are what? $20 a pack? Win.

11. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

My foolproof solution...

grow a beard!!
    Just think how much $$ Billy Gibbons has saved to put towards his GAS!!

12. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Dollar Tree has 4 for a dollar. I use each one about 3 times, and they have 3 or 4 blades.

13. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well you can't really apply extraordinary math skills to absurd assumptions and come up with good logic. The "made up" 10% is actually more like extending the life of the razor by 100% or more but also ignores the fact that a sharp razor of the entire life of the razor is much better than a downward spiral of comfort until the razor hurts your skin so that it causes you to throw away something that could have been maintained properly for each and every shave.

Lost_N_Austin

14. Brother Rob

Brother Rob Tele-Holic

Oh.

15. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I use Feathers, they're so sharp it's like you're just wiping the whiskers off your face. About 25¢ apiece.

Attached Files:

16. jlindseyjr

jlindseyjr Tele-Holic

It looks like the jeans act like the leather strop the barber has.

17. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yes, very similar. Denim isn't that far from canvas, and many razor strops are made of canvas.

18. candybluecrook

candybluecrook Tele-Afflicted

Its called a razor strap. Just saying. Never mind lol. Didn't see the above post.

19. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

I've been doing that with my razors for years on an old leather belt. It works great. I use the Fusion Pro Glide, and those things used to last forever when they first came out. Then the quality went down so that we had to buy more 20 buck refills. Uh no.

I strop em. Keeps each one good for a month or more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.