Australian Members Club

suthol

Friend of Leo's
I have emailed Pitbull guitars a few times to get blanks, continuously say they're out of stock and need to send them from somewhere else which was going to be a 8-12 week wait for sea shipping, they also don't do a les paul junior copy unfortunately, which is what I originally wanted to order.
They did a few G style kits but got a bit gunshy about getting a nasty letter to cease and desist.

I'd love a DC junior with a P90 but that disappeared from the catalogue before I could pull the trigger.

Adam plays one of the early ones

rexhunta

Tele-Meister
I bit the bullet and started to make my own LPJ instead from laminated " Acacia " ( from Bunnings so could be anything )

EhejMmj.jpg

Still way unfinished as you can see, but I want to put a humbucker in it, clear the front and paint the rest gloss black. Single volume, single humbucker, with coil split like my tele. The Floyd Rose was a gem to router.

owlexifry

Tele-Meister
Pitbull Guitars are on your side of our world.

They sell kits and bits all over the world and have a solid reputation for customer service.

I have built 3 of their kits and recorded with all three, plus have purchased pickups and hardware from them.

Just a satisfied customer

Here's a link to their forum which also has links to the online shop

looks like their range of parts is lacking a fair bit... (and none of it is local stock)
the kits look pretty good though.

for parts, realparts.com.au has a better range, ships from local stock, and offers discounted express shipping on orders over $50. legends.
but sadly they don't sell pickup magnets.

Yes they are in Rozelle NSW
thanks, but it doesn't look like they have what i'm looking for.

this is what i am after:
https://www.mojotone.com/Ceramic-8-Bar-Magnet-2-35-Long

a USD$2 part.

shipping cost:
1658449961299.png

holy sh*t

hence why i'm asking about local options :)

suthol

Friend of Leo's
looks like their range of parts is lacking a fair bit... (and none of it is local stock)

for parts, realparts.com.au has a better range, ships from local stock, and offers discounted express shipping on orders over $50. legends.

this is what i am after:

a USD$2 part.

shipping cost:
View attachment 1007541
holy sh*t

See if you can track John W a member on here down, he custom winds pickups so may be able to help.

I had him wind a P90 for my mates lap steel and a set of Blackguard spec ones for one of my teles.

There are quite a few winders and commercial makers here in Oz so one of them may be able to help.

Bilgola Guitars in Sydney have theirs custom wound

nickmm

Tele-Holic

this is what i am after:

a USD$2 part.

shipping cost:
View attachment 1007541
holy sh*t

If you have other things you can use a freight forwarder, they will also combine stuff for you. I've used shipito.
ATM US shipping rates are through the roof.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Had to laugh.. a tv show just came on "the roads less traveled"

Mmm? wonder which far off the track place they are going?

They are driving up the beach from Noosa to DI.... FFS

geez it's like a frikken 2 lane hwy every holidays and most weekends up there now. Probably the most driven along beach on the east coast...

these folks should get out more....a bit further out..;)

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Had to laugh.. a tv show just came on "the roads less traveled"

Mmm? wonder which far off the track place they are going?

They are driving up the beach from Noosa to DI.... FFS

geez it's like a frikken 2 lane hwy every holidays and most weekends up there now. Probably the most driven along beach on the east coast...

these folks should get out more....a bit further out..;)
Reminds me of the Kath and Kim episode where Trude and Pru are chatting about their upcoming hols, one says they want to "get right away from it all, get right off the beaten track for a change, you know, go bush".
"So where are you going to go?"
"Noosa"

suthol

Friend of Leo's
For the motor racing guys my son Paul is competing with his mate James in the Sydney 300 this evening. Their car is number 84 Volkswagen Sirocco.
They came second in their class in the Bathurst 6 hour race at Easter so hope they can move up to a win.

Cheers Gerry
Currently in 10th spot on the grid after 2nd practice with a 1:50.4890 ( not shabby at all )

Today's numbers for all events are here

Edited to add. two of my mates Graham Roberson and Bill McBride are running around in Regularity today as the Clubman event was cancelled due to the grid being too small

If you look at their results you will see they were there to have fun not for the win, you nominate a time and lose 1 point for each 1/10 of a second slower and 2 points for each 1/10 of a second faster than the nominated time, so least points lost wins

Natsoft Racing Results

Last edited:

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
That other 4x4 show- All for Adventure - goes to some way out there places.... and catch some big Barra in the creeks.. usually on station tracks and cross country with gps.... get bogged and lost, etc, they really give their rigs a good work out....

rexhunta

Tele-Meister
For the motor racing guys my son Paul is competing with his mate James in the Sydney 300 this evening. Their car is number 84 Volkswagen Sirocco.
They came second in their class in the Bathurst 6 hour race at Easter so hope they can move up to a win.

Cheers Gerry

Max McRae ( The Colins nephew, Alistars son) is competing at Grimwade Rally in WA just south from here, would've been a great weekend to go watch and see some RS Legacys, but i didn't know it was on until midweek and was a bit late to book off work. Have to try and get there and watch next time.

suthol

Friend of Leo's

Cheers Gerry
Well done them, 26th overall in a pretty quick field

Last edited:

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Geez, Manly dug themselves into a hole this week.... some of the players at least. Red faces all round.

If you're contracted to play footy you should be playing, regardless of rainbows on your jersey.... where's the loyalty to your team/club?.. they are the ones paying your wages...

Matt G

Tele-Afflicted
Geez, Manly dug themselves into a hole this week.... some of the players at least. Red faces all round.

If you're contracted to play footy you should be playing, regardless of rainbows on your jersey.... where's the loyalty to your team/club?.. they are the ones paying your wages...
Nah. The Pasifika lads are right. It's a football club, not a political party or mass-media outlet for the directors' wives' competitive social posturing.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I wasn't the one boycotting the game.. I watched it with delight.

I didn't even know who the 7 players were or where they were from, their names were never mentioned.... you brought that up. I don't know the Manly squad that well to miss anyone.

I watched the 26 on the field playing the sport they love.

the "your" was referring to the players, not yourself....;)