Australian Members Club

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
a balmy Autumn day here @28C with light winds and wispy clouds..... thought I'd catch up on some mowing while the longer grass was dry..

the power guys finished up and put power back on @3:30...new transformer on the pole/ a line to the new subdivision.... packed up their trucks and waited until 4PM to hit the road... a nice routine day for them on a quiet country road... ;)

DSCN4297.JPG

Clive Hugh

Tele-Afflicted
Finished my gate project today, I wanted to feature the history of the South West so starting on the left, when the settlers first came theyfound vast forrests which they set about milling, the small wheels are flat belt pulley wheels which I copied off an original and they would have connected to a stationary engine and driven the mill. After the milling came farming, the larger wheels are copied off farm implement wheels which would have been horse drawn. We have found on our travels that some of the old derelict farm or timber cottages still have climbing roses even though the cottage may be falling down. I have made everything on this except the hinges.

Attachments

• CAAC4363-953B-4867-A65E-1A1259A6C04D.jpeg
    CAAC4363-953B-4867-A65E-1A1259A6C04D.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 13

rexhunta

Tele-Meister
Finished my gate project today, I wanted to feature the history of the South West so starting on the left, when the settlers first came theyfound vast forrests which they set about milling, the small wheels are flat belt pulley wheels which I copied off an original and they would have connected to a stationary engine and driven the mill. After the milling came farming, the larger wheels are copied off farm implement wheels which would have been horse drawn. We have found on our travels that some of the old derelict farm or timber cottages still have climbing roses even though the cottage may be falling down. I have made everything on this except the hinges.

That looks awesome !

The milling reminds me of the mural down the end of Victoria St.

c3uTR5s.jpg

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Well that was interesting, a beatles story I hadn't seen before..

an SBS doco just played on ch31.." Meeting the Beatles in India"...

should be on their online library...

a story about a guy who just happened to be at the ashram in India when the beatles were there..quite by chance. and hung out with their entourage every day for a while...he took lots of pics and kinda forgot about them for a long time until his daughter reminded him he was there and he dug them out.....and went on a journey back, even met up with some of the people who were there...

no music, but he talks about sitting in to watch when songs were written and jammed on.

worth a watch..:)

my concentration only broke mid way through when a barrage of fireworks went off not far away...I went out to look, check the direction to see some sparkley rockets and hear a roaring rock band playing...:)

Cool, some party noise in the valley.... the rebs, I'm guessing..;)

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Well that was interesting, a beatles story I hadn't seen before..

an SBS doco just played on ch31.." Meeting the Beatles in India"...

should be on their online library...

a story about a guy who just happened to be at the ashram in India when the beatles were there..quite by chance. and hung out with their entourage every day for a while...he took lots of pics and kinda forgot about them for a long time until his daughter reminded him he was there and he dug them out.....and went on a journey back, even met up with some of the people who were there...

no music, but he talks about sitting in to watch when songs were written and jammed on.

worth a watch..:)

my concentration only broke mid way through when a barrage of fireworks went off not far away...I went out to look, check the direction to see some sparkley rockets and hear a roaring rock band playing...:)

Cool, some party noise in the valley.... the rebs, I'm guessing..;)
Speaking of rocking bands in the hood, I was chuffed to find a recording of Dave Tice and the Headhunters (in my recent link) recorded at some biker gig in my previous suburb of residence (Yellow Rock in the lower Blue Mtns) long before I thought of moving there. A place of small acreages so they would have been able to crank it up! One of the bands i would have auditioned for if they ever needed a new player (though I'm not a pimple on Steve Edmond's butt)

suthol

Friend of Leo's
biker gig
My band country rock band Broken Wheel played Sunday afternoon once a month at the Tropicana Hotel at Wilberforce around 1976 and it was all water skiers.

We were booked for a Saturday night there and a "club" turned up in their colours and had a great time although some of them had disagreements in the car park at the end of the night.

Another heavy metal band I was Django played at the Oxford in Taylor Square around 1970 and it was a full on bikie pub, never any drama.

Only time we had major drama "in the room" was in the directors Beverley Room at St George Leagues club on grand final night, all three grades were in the final and only 1st grade got done, the players had a huge fight on the dance floor and band space during the last bracket of the night, drums and mic stands went tumbling

Edited to add. My band Hydra auditioned for DME back around 1971 at some nightclub in William St Sydney and Buffalo were the band on the night

From left to right, Roland ( Roo ) Moore guitar, Solomon ( Solly ) Hoolhorst, vocals and 2nd guitar, Richard ( Mac ) MacDonald drums, and me on Fender VI bass

pMdXGJy.jpg

Last edited:

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Just stuck my head out the door to hear if the band was still playing,,

Angels, Take A Long Line .. thumping out across the valley.. followed by Dumb Things - Paul kelly...

Oh Yeah :)

suthol

Friend of Leo's
Just stuck my head out the door to hear if the band was still playing,,

Angels, Take A Long Line .. thumping out across the valley.. followed by Dumb Things - Paul kelly...

Oh Yeah :)
About 12 months ago we had a "silent" birthday party over the back, neighbour said you won't hear the music only peoples voices.

All well and good until some pi55ed newt started shouting
" I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never going to keep me down" over and over again from about 2am onwards

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Got a mention on the abc tv weather this morning... Coolum 170mm /24hrs...

except it didn't rain much yesterday and only started about midnight last night... most of that 170 was overnight... with more coming today..

everything looked rather damp this morning... here we go again...

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
they update the bom figures at 9am... seems we got the most rain in the area..

a healthy 200mm overnight..... not that anyone needed it around here.

weather may22.jpg

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
anyone know what kind of Ducks these are... wood ducks, maybe?..

there was about 20 of them grazing in my yard today... they usually hang out in the paddock over the road.. it was probably too wet for them down there after last night's rain... that 24 hr figure above happened in about 8 hrs overnight from midnight on...

DSCN4314.JPG