1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Thanks, Count. Let me run this past the missus first and see how seriously she wants to look. The place that appealed to me straight away is out west of you, but the first words out of her mouth were "gee, that looks dry". Now I see why there's such a difference between that and the ones I noticed further to the east.

2. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Tenterfield town is in it's own climate zone, not really Northern Tablelands, nor Granite Belt, nor North Coast. The town sits in a sort of bowl at the top of the Great Divide and is surrounded by mountains. We get a mix of east and west fauna and flora in the town area and there is quite a diference between the country to the East, West, South and North. If you want land to grow stuff or run animals then where you buy determines what you can grow or what type of animals. Out west is good land when it rains but not so good when it doesn't. One great advantage of this area though is that it is far enough away from the big towns to remain civilised but close enough to Toowoomba, Lismore, Armidale for big shopping trips, plus the the best beaches in Australia are only 2 1/2 hours away.

3. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

It does sound appealing. I regret not having visited long ago, when I was staying in Canungra or passing through Glen Innes.

4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

grrr ....that pesky neighbour of mine is over mowing my yard again.... I tried to stuff a fifty in his pocket to go away but he wasn't having any of that....:lol:

and the local medical centre rang up and asked if my doctor could give me a call this arvo to run through my recent bodily fluid tests, so I don't need to come into town.... the nerve... :eek::D...

thank you, world..:cool::D

5. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

Trev, I have a neighbour who started mowing our front lawn a couple of years back and won’t take anything for it. I’m grateful because I struggle with it but have found ways to give back, last year I replaced his rusted guttering, took minimal effort on my part but something he couldn’t do. My wife also bakes for us and regularly makes extra which I take over so there are options to pay back.

richiek65 and trev333 like this.
  6. trev333

He's a mowing contractor and has good machines, he whizzes over it in no time....

I do any steel work for him... he's got some 2x2 frames to make up soon, I'll do those for him..

7. Clive Hugh

Got myself a roller conveyor for my steel bandsaw, I couldn’t even buy the materials for the price and it is well made too, I thought it would be much lighter material, was quite heavy. Going to make things a bit more efficient than the free standing old rollers.

Matt G likes this.
  8. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Our latest single

chezdeluxe likes this.
  9. Clive Hugh

Just out in back yard and picked up the lid off the compost bin which had blown off recently, there was a small snake 4-5 inches long which took off, being barefoot I resisted the temptation to stamp on it or chase it through the undergrowth. It was slightly darker than the dried leaf matter it was wriggling through.

10. Clive Hugh

11. Clive Hugh

Don’t know how I did that, trying to add a note and got another post.

12. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

That length it could well have been a legless lizard (the name refers to their lack of legs not that they are in a state of intoxication) we get plenty in the garden. The dogs get very confused as they are not sure whether they are snakes or lizards so are never sure whether to bark at them or try to eat them.

High Head Brad likes this.
  13. trev333

my mowing bill is paid....:D

the finished frame with lugs for the neighbour,,,, it goes between the house brickwork and a gate post 1M away, the ground is soft and the weight of the gate pulls the post over.... this frame attaches the post to the house.... should be solid now...

he wins dad points, too ... the house is his son's..... everyone's happy...:)

looking for 50x50 plates for post attachments and don't want to spend a bunch of time cutting a length of bar down and drilling holes?...
    these are square washers for cyclone rods, available at most hardware stores... gal plated, 4mm thick, 14mm holes... handy...;)

DSCN3501.JPG

14. trev333

been leveling and trimming a Hoop Pine Tele body .. a rafter /stud from the oldest house in town when it was pulled down, it was the old station masters house on railway land so they let it go to ruin. lucky to grab a few lengths, I was a day late for most of the demo.... I would have loaded up with more as I knew the bloke driving the excavator...

DSCN3513.JPG

DSCN3515.JPG

15. Clive Hugh

That is a nice looking grain, will you be featuring it in the finished article or a solid colour?

16. Clive Hugh

Trev, the floor of your workshop looks a lot like mine.

trev333 likes this.
  17. Clive Hugh

I wondered about that but we have had a bit of snake activity so snake was my thought.

18. trev333

Not sure what the finish will be yet?...:confused:..

19. trev333

Old Hoop Pine and Silky Oak stringers.... looking for some finish ideas, lads....

I never seem to have a vision of a final product when I start gluing wood together and using up some parts...:confused:

errr?.. Tele shaped....:lol:

DSCN3546.JPG

suthol likes this.
  20. kbold

kbold Friend of Leo's

1) As is with oiled finish
    2) Clear finish
    3) Clear/black or clear/tobacco sunburst.

Giving it 30 seconds thought, I would go for clear/tobacco sunburst.

suthol and trev333 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.