Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Our town dam is full and overflowing, the creeks are all flowing and our water restrictions are totally lifted as of today. Going to have a looooooong shower tonight to celebrate.:)

dlew919 and trev333 like this.
  2. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

Time to get out the Karcher.

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Good news @Count .. bath time.. woo hoo...

hosing down the concrete tomorrow... oh yeah..:)

4. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

We got buggerall as usual, Perth got a bit, might be time to start the rain dance.
    Still, got a few open air gigs coming up so it’s good for them although we might end up not doing one. They took 3 weeks to pay, now their cheque has cleared they are being told cash up front before we play, don’t really care if we play there or not but have found out the hard way over the years if there is an issue getting money out of them first time it ain’t gonna get better down the track.

Shango66 and Matt G like this.
  5. trev333

I got a new 4k 43" TV today... it looks big after a crappy 28" I'd been using... not as big as the 46" I used to have...

I knew the 7 bushfire concert was on tonight, I watched a few of the early acts then swapped channels for a bit,,,, swapped back over to see what was going on and the screen was full of guitar... and it could be no other player holding it...:cool:

cool... big screen clear as a bell image.... guitar.. a good omen...:)

DSCN2892.JPG

6. trev333

You know..that guy, the build your own guitar guy, the make it famous and stick with it guy....:cool:

DSCN2893.JPG

the singer threw me though?... o_O

DSCN2896.JPG

Matt G likes this.
  7. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Great guitarist but does making one guitar qualify him as a luthier.:)

8. trev333

football, meat pies and some other car but Holden.... doesn't sound the same, eh?...:(

I, for one don't want to be driving if they make us swap to LH drive cars in future.... it'd be carnage out there for a generation...:lol:

9. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Holdens have been rebadged other makes for years. The old “designed for Australian conditions” went many years ago. Just get a Holden badge and stick it on any vehicle you buy. My Holden Jackaroo was an Isuzu and so is my current Rodeo. My sympathies are for all the dealers who have been let down.

10. trev333

world cars...

I wonder how Spanish people say Isuzu?.... eyesuzu or eesuzu..?...:rolleyes:;)

11. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

The same with my Cruz, originally a Daewoo, in Singapore and Malaysia they are Chev Cruz. Just thinking, there could be a business opening for someone converting LH drives to RH drives:):)

12. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I wouldn't worry, there are 75 countries that drive on the left side of the road, including Japan, India and the UK, so car makers that are not virrually bankrupt like GM will still be producing RH drive models. From what I have read most car makers design their vehicles so that they can be fitted out as RH or LH drive on the production line. My Subbie has some grometted holes in the bulkhead that look as though they can take steering column, pedals etc on the other side. GM has been pulling out of drive on the left countries for years so the excuse that the Aus NZ market for RH drives is too small looks a bit thin.

trev333 likes this.
  13. trev333

true... there's plenty of choices still..

I wish they'd make a electric car like a small jimmy, subi or similar.... for local short trips to the shops/town for rural folk who don't want a sports car racing model and don't need wind tunnel styling... boxy would be good. :)

been out mowing 30+C, 100% humidity.... I'm swimming in my t shrit while having a tea break...

threw a blade dammit and the mower went all wobbley.... had to take one off the other side off to balance it....

whew... :)

14. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Subaru are bringing out hybrid vehicles that look promising, same body shapes as their existing range.

15. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

It’ll come. Electrics currently suit exactly that. And as it happens that most driving. The average car drives 35 KS a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's

I'll be in the market for a new car in a couple of years. Not sure how we'll afford but I guess it will happen. I like small cars but my wife wants something we can take camping, and of course something that will hold teenagers instead of toddlers. So perhaps an Xtrail or CX5 or something. I'm also curious about the Skoda station wagons (so my kids can hang their heads in embarrassment every time I pick them up :lol:)

17. trev333

I'd like an e car that was ultra low tech..... no computer screens or sound systems... just basics to get me to town and back....

Steve 78 likes this.
  18. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Ryan Walkinshaw is currently doing Chev conversions and remanufacturing complete with warranty

From another forum that I inhabit

Ryan Walkinshaw has out played the Holden brand & placed himself in the perfect position

He is already the sole authorised (with GM USA) remanufacturer of the Camaro & Silverado, & has the runs on the board mass remanufacturing the Dodge Ram products, with a similar contract. He's basically the only vehicle manufacturer left in the country. They don't just do conversions from LHD to RHD, they're actually remanufactured. As good or better than OEM & consequent warranties.

One of the main reasons why the Camaro wasn't homologated for racing the Supercar series, to compete in the market against the Mustang, is because Walkinshaw said no. He holds the rights to it in Australia, Holden couldn't do anything about it.

19. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Just what you have in mind Trev, no power assisted anything, not even padding on the seats, the sound system is the exhaust but you could get wet when it rains

[​IMG]

Matt G likes this.
  20. trev333

she'd be a boat around here when it rains.... I'd like more ground clearance, Dave ,,:)

suthol likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.