Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nice job, looks great and it's a good match.

Supercheap had that clear on sale. $16 bucks for two cans so I thought i'd give it a try.

This enamel job has turned into a real test piece. The 2x is thick and didn't get in to all the grain so I let it dry, grain filled over the rustoleum with a skim of Gyprock multi purpose jointing compound then sealed that with tru oil, level sanded and resprayed with 2x enamel today.:D
    It's looking ok. Being a cheap China made body it had really small generic contour cuts so I used a belt and palm sander to match it to a early 60's shape mjt body I have. I'll let it sit for a week before spraying the clear.

20191119_205937.jpg
    20191119_210014.jpg
    20191119_210042.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    trev333 likes this.
  2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

the first thing the kid played on it was a Beatles tune finger picked.... then he asked for a capo and played here comes the sun up the neck....

I was impressed.... :)

suthol and Chunkocaster like this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Good stuff, awesome of you to give him the guitar and great that it sounds like he will make good use of it.:)

trev333 likes this.
  4. trev333

He wants to come over and start jamming and learning electric techniques... he has a few mates that play... I told him if they want to get a band going I'll play bass.... he's 18 or so now, got a car etc...

might be the start of something..:)

Matt G and Chunkocaster like this.
  5. Chunkocaster

Sound like fun, Sounds like the first few songs will be beatles songs. Great way to get up and running.

trev333 likes this.
  6. trev333

took me by surprise really... cool, I thought..

Across the Universe with the intro....

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. Chunkocaster

That's a great song. I'd like to learn that one myself.

trev333 likes this.
  8. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

very cool trev... good on ya

9. Chunkocaster

Belfield music has daddario 10's 10 packs of strings for about $53 bucks on ebay at the moment using a code on there. No affiliation just thought i'd pass the word.

10. trev333

crikey.:eek:. just had a few fire engines, cops, ambos, rural fireys and a tanker pull up outside my place..the place was lit up like a xmas tree out there....reds and blues, side lights on the appliances...no sirens or anything... thought it was a water delivery truck at first with a side light looking for numbers, then they kept coming, lights flashing....o_O

normally this road has no cars at night, bar a few locals.... so it was quite a sight...

couldn't smell smoke or see anything on the hills behind me... wandered down for a sticky beak chat...seems there was a call out for something, the boys didn't say much/didn't need to talk to me...... I left them to it...very strange and exciting for a short while...then they all took off...

back to dark rural bliss.... weird...

though, good to see that many troops appear out of nowhere on a fire mission... and thankful a neighbour's house wasn't alight or the bush behind me ablaze upwind and coming right at me...:)

fireys.jpg

Chunkocaster likes this.
  11. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Probably they all thought "lets give Trev something to post about", or maybe they were looking for somwhere to hold an early Emergency Services Christmas Party in a place where they wouldn't be disturbed by inquisitive neighbours:lol::D.

suthol likes this.
  12. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

congrats to jack robinson, our local west oz boy (go margs!)for winning the sunset beach surf comp... looks like he s secured a spot on the 2020 wct of surfing...

awesome

trev333 likes this.
  13. trev333

watched that final go down.... he combo'd the other guys with the highest 2 wave total ever in a Sunset final 19.07....and threw away bigger scores than the other guys got... great day, Sunset smiled on him with the best waves of the event........ magic..:)

and congrats to Steph for winning over in Maui... and to Carissa for her world title win after Steph knocked out Caroline Marks who was a close second overall and had a shot.....

ozcal likes this.
  14. trev333

some dry rivers about...

ozcal likes this.
  15. trev333

just went outside at lunchtime and checked the thermo under the back awning.. yikkes.. 38C.... whew and I've got to drive into nambour soon.... add a few degrees in there...;)

it's kinda cool at 32C at the pc here inside....

16. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

talking about 42 C in perth today.... yowza...

hopefully they get the fires under control soon.... big thanks to the fireys

ironically i m headed out the backyard to set off a burn pile

looking forward to the pipe masters... anyone but medina !!

trev333 likes this.
  17. trev333

Just ate a belly full of cold watermelon ..... cooling down from the inside...

yummo..:)

18. trev333

Midday on a scorcher..... whew....:(

thermo in the shade outside my backdoor... never ever seen 40C here... like never ever,,,sigh..:eek::oops:

I pity the woman cricketers playing their semi final t20 in Brisbane today.... should be night games in summer up here for the short format...

DSCN2717.JPG

DSCN2718.JPG

19. trev333

put some cold watermelon rind out for the greenies... they seem to like it...:)

bit of a sweet treat on a hot day for them..

DSCN2723.JPG

richiek65 likes this.
  20. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Decided to make a weird guitar out of parts I had and a cheap Firebird neck. The centreblock and tapered insert are Australian Red Cedar from an aged and very dry table leg, so dry it chipped badly using a chisel. Even the router did not like it . The two wings are from an ornamental garden tree of undetrmined species. Soft but not poplar, found some embedded nails and other bits of metal when sawing, shaping and drilling screw holes. Moral, don't use timber from other people's gardens. Wings attached to centre by using Cedar tongues. Wilkinson ceramic humbucker in neck position and a telecaster pickup and bridge from a previously made kit guitar that was upgraded. Output jack on the front to avoid the dreaded Tele jack pull out. The bit of Cedar on the side of the bridge is to act as a palm rest. Plays suprisingly well, giving it it's first outing tomorrow. IMG_0426.JPG IMG_0425.JPG

richiek65 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.