Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. zeedoctour

zeedoctour Tele-Meister

Maton. Their jazzboxes are just sublime.

matonf240supreme.jpg

2. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Chad shared the stage with us at Hornsby Police Boys Club around 1972, two heavy rock bands and Chad being Chad solo with his acoustic, absolutely killed them the kids were laughing their heads off and gave the applause he certainly deserved.

My band was Hydra and the other was Vella

3. Rob77

Rob77 Tele-Meister

As a huge cricket fan, I felt pretty ill hearing the score mon morning, and to be honest its ruined the rest of the Ashes for me. I could only stay up so late cause of work next day, but watched Joffra batting with Stokes and was already getting frustrated when they didn't really attempt to keep him on strike. If Stokes was on last few balls of an over, I don't know why they don't bounce him so you get the tail on strike next over. Anyway, I will turn my attention now to my other 2 loves, AFL & NRL.

suthol likes this.
  4. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Trying to figure out how we got fom Cricket to Chad Morgan, to Maton, back to Chad, then Cricket again.:confused::lol:

Rob77 likes this.
  5. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Count I hope things are ok up your way. I saw the fires on the news.

6. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Same here - best wishes, and good luck with it.

7. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

yeah, good luck Count and others who are in the fire areas.... hope you folks are ok...

8. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

All good thanks, the fire started just outside the south west corner of the town, electrical fault in a shed, and the winds pushed it in a SSE direction. It just clipped the southern edge of the town then got onto one of the mountains and took off through some properties. No chance of fighting it from the ground in that terrain so water bombing helicopters and planes were used. People were being helicoptered out from in front of the fire as it raced towards them. It changed direction when the wind changed and headed NW towards the Bruxner Highway. The big 707 (I thnk) did quite few drops yesterday, came in low over town and then unloaded onto the fire. Quite something to see, and no I did not get any photos of it. Too busy gawping to remember to get the phone out and get some snaps. Just the weight of the water it dropped would have extiunguished the flames. So far the official damage tally is one house gone, and the owners tyre business that he has just started up gone with it; four other homes damaged; fair number of sheds and barns gone, also the pistol range plus a lot of fences and power and phone lines. The fire was travelling at the speed of the wind that was gusting up to 50Km so there were some pretty close calls. Several houses had flames at their front doors but the drought has been so bad that not much grass has survived around houses so flames around those houses were pretty small. The fire took out the towns power supply for most of the afternoon and night on Friday so communications were a bit iffy. Some rural properties are only just getting their power and phones reconnected now. Mobile phone relay towers don't seem to work when the power line poles have been burnt down. The fire seems to be out now, jus some helicopters buzzing around looking for hot spots that might need water dump. The fire down at Drake though looks even nastier than the one at Tenterfield. The really annoying thing was the media beat up, the Television news reports made it look as though the whole of Tenterfield town was able when the reality was that the fire was on the edge of twon and the wind was pushing the fire away from town. One firefighter was badly injured, he got caught when the wind blew the falmes back onto him. Severe burns to his face and hands plus burning inside his lungs. He was airlifted to Brisbane and is currently in a critical condition, being operated on as I write this. Prayers for him would be appreciated.

richiek65, chezdeluxe and trev333 like this.
  9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks for the report, Count.. glad your community is safe....

it's pretty parched around here too after those hot winds.... doesn't bode well for a long summer ahead...

The Fireys put themselves on the line every time they go near those big fast fires.... I hope the guy gets through his injuries OK...

chezdeluxe likes this.
  10. trev333

Shame to see Binna burra copping a bad fire, that's up in the rainforest area....

abc just said that fire is moving east towards Springbrook and Numinbah... bit of a worry...

11. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

The press certainly did. I was expecting to hear the worst.

(Now beaming some positive thoughts in the direction of the injured fireman.)

12. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

We had our honeymoon at Springbrook (Mouse's House) many moons ago. Cannot imagine all that rainforest burning, but this drought has made even places like that pretty dry.
    Only good point about the fire here is that we now have a massive firebreak to the south of town.. There was a bad fire to the north a few months ago and hardly any foliage has regrown because of the drought so a good fire break there as well. Got to look for the silver lining in everything.:cry:

13. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Yes, indeed.

We've been looking for a place in the country, and that whole area (Canungra and points south) is on the list. Quite a wakeup call to see it on fire.

14. trev333

An old mate Mike Hall was the head ranger at Springbrook after starting at Numinbah as a trainee... maybe he still is?...

I used to go up there all the time for a swim at the arch.. jumping through the hole in the cave roof to land in the water.... not sure you can do that anymore.......

15. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

yeah trev... that would prolly be illegal these days... danger everywhere and a trophy for 14 th place...

16. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

glad to hear ya ok count... and cheers to the fireys... true heros !!

17. trev333

double post...

18. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Looks like there are a few fires up your way Trev.

trev333 likes this.
  19. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

My brother in law is back water bombing. I’ll tell him to keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. trev333

It's burning tonight down at the back of Coolum and headed north into south Peregian.. 10 houses lost already and maybe a servo... that's a few hundred metres from the ocean....

big SW wind blowing all day today...it must be crazy down there atm..it's all bush behind those beach suburbs this wind could blow it all the way to Noosa... geez...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.