Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

bit dry out there.. maybe the carpark is the bowling green...:D

or they just bowl on the main road, maybe?...;)

richiek65 likes this.
  2. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

The RSL from memory wasn't much more than a shed, the bowlo of was more upmarket, no idea where either of them were in the town.

Robbie's car tossed a timing gear on the road between Bre and Coolibah and got towed into Cooli by Bob in the EH, then got skull dragged by a prime mover into Nyngan, the driver had a few scotches in the little pub in Cooli and was pilled to the eyeballs.

Robbie reckoned he saw over 100 MPH on the speedo of his car while he was being towed

3. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

I wonder whether the locals still leave the key in the ignition whilst at the pub.

4. trev333

My mate Kev's funeral today.... man, it was chokkers....:)

didn't know too many there except his kids and sisters and my old mate Merv who lived next door who did the eulogy.... so good to hear his voice again as he looked a lot older..;)...

I've having a few turkeys for old mate,,,,rest well brother..:)

rexhunta and suthol like this.
  5. trev333

There was a mention to wear Kevs favourite colour, Aqua... so, I wear a nice light blue shirt and a similar colour jumper...most folks are in dark suits.... dohh..
    . never quite understood the dark morbid suit thing at funerals....:rolleyes:

I dug through my old collection of gem stones looking for some Aquamarines to give to his daughter to remember him by... I found only two matched cut stones @ 8mm in a diamond sort of cut...and a nice blue moonstone to go with them about the same size ...

I had never really known his eldest daughter as an adult and now a mother herself.... I go over to introduce myself and to give her the stones, she of course knows who I am through kevs tales...

I look into her eyes.. and she has one blue eye and one hazel eye..... wooooo_O. You have David Bowie's eyes, I blurt out.... she gives me an even bigger hug and smile.....:oops:

Never seen anyone with two different coloured eyes before, except DB..and she has a unique name as well, Nivek.... kevin reversed.... a game we played as kids, saying kids names backward.... most sounded weird, however kev liked nivek and said if I ever have a daughter I'm going to use that name..... and so he did...

a rare bird indeed....:)

Matt G, rexhunta, ozcal and 1 other person like this.
  6. trev333

Hey! Huey ..stop frikken raining... enough already.....we don't need it here.... pyss off out west...:mad:

7. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I agree Trev, you've had enough, time it came over here. We've had thick fog every morning for the last week, Makes everything damp but puts no moisture into the soiul or into the dams. Most frustrating.

trev333 likes this.
  8. trev333

there's been a small low or something planted on us for weeks now... I can't remember a day without rain for months....

my place is like a wet sponge....:(

9. rexhunta

rexhunta TDPRI Member

we've just had the highest annul recorded falls in ages.

So us dumbasses decided to go out and tackle a few hills in our 4wds. 2 on their sides/roofs, 3 hour drive turned into an 11 hour debacle. In the wet, cold, miserable south west.

richiek65 and dlew919 like this.
  10. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

chezdeluxe likes this.
  11. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

I loved the first two collections. Haven’t yet got round to reading the rest. But they caught a flavour of the Sydney Demi monde which I was able to catch a glimpse of that scene in a job I had with her majesty’s nsw public service in the department of corrective services. When I speak on Australian crime fiction, I always mention I can’t really recommend them, as they’re rough as guts, but they are really terrific.

I’m not sure what part rebel Wilson is playing. Either the date Les takes home in 'the real thing’ or Eddie salitas wife?

The dream casting would have been Brian brown. Or tony martin (The one who played Lenny McPherson, not the comic). I don’t know the guy they’ve noted, but I bet he’s great.

In short I wish I’d done it, and I’m excited for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. trev333

I think they are going to play her as Les's flatmate..instead of Wazza.... a bit of a twist there...

I lived in Bondi for about 6 mths in '75, right at the beachfront on Campbell Pde..

..had a lot of fun and good surf...:D

dlew919 likes this.
  13. trev333

sunny and fine this morning when I got up... raining now....:(

had a visit to the dentist to remove a tooth..... my face is still numb....:confused:

14. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

visit to the dentist is always fun... had my fangs cleaned 2 weeks ago... woman could talk the pants off a used car salesman...

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/tex-don-and-charlie.959150/

not much action in my thread on tex, don and charlie..... hoodie gets it...

time to razz up our seppo mates :lol:

dlew919 likes this.
  15. trev333

16. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

nice... looks like such a fun wave... never got to surf any of those long east coast point breaks... oh well, can t have everything... thanks for posting trev

17. trev333

18. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

bloody time difference is killing me here... might just have to watch the replay... it s a shame john john had to pull out... good luck to the aussies !!

19. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Same with Tour de France, but the time difference goes on for weeks. So it's either re-runs, or else we put the entire household into reverse time mode. (Which I don't see happening any time soon.)

20. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's

Went out to see a live band in Geelong on Sunday....The Wiggles! It was actually pretty good, they like to keep the adults, and each other, entertained as well as the kids. We were treated to a bit of Thunderstruck on the blue Wiggle guitar (Maton I think?) and apparently Emma shops at Aldi.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.