Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Oh yeah... cricket on 7..... this should be ok.... I don't pick up ch9 very well and 7 happens to be my best picture....

cricket in HD, beauty, I'll be able to see the sweat dripping off their noses and the ball......:lol:

I have to watch ch9 online and it's low grade vid....:rolleyes:

weird thing is.. a regular led TV will pick up ch9 pretty well, the same aerial signal line splits and goes to the TV card in my PC and it picks up every station except any 9 derivatives....o_O

if I take the TV card off the ASUS motherboard PC and put it in another PC with a Gigabyte board... the card picks up ch 9 ok.....!!??... both w7 OS....

my asus PC has the best specs/performance and most of my files, so I use it the most........

unpossible...:lol:

2. trev333

oh, i forgot to mention.. my led tv is dead .....that's why I use the PC for most things.. just haven't got around to deciding which set to get next... it's all so confusing....and I don't miss it that much..:lol:

3. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Michael Slater and James Brayshaw moving to Ch7 is like the joy of annoying neighbours moving out, then the despair of finding out they just moved to the house on the other side of you.

4. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Big sale going on at the Bourke Street (Melbourne) Allans Billy Hyde today. . . .

5. trev333

bring back the 'Gabba test for the opening game, I say.... exactly what touring teams don't want..:D

we give India a benign drop in Adelaide wicket where they have cashed in before to start off.. then a test in Perth at a brand new stadium/ wicket that the Aussies have never played on..... it might even suit the visitors better?..

a great invitation for a 2-0 lead....

no 1st test in Brisbane is a mystery?.... :rolleyes:

chezdeluxe and suthol like this.
  6. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Trev....Cricket Australia is a mystery (among other things) :mad::mad::mad:

7. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

I guess it’s all about money, so just follow the money?

8. trev333

I think some of the top order batsmen should throw away their "t20" shots and get back to playing with a straight bat.... maybe when they get over 50 they can try their hands...

the bowlers handled the new ball ok and got runs against the same bowlers.... you can't always expect the bowlers to keep the score honest....

9. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

The Australian top six should channel Geoffrey Boycott.

Oh dear, what did I just say!!

chezdeluxe likes this.
  10. chezdeluxe

I am a great admirer of the ability of Boycott to break the hearts of bowlers.

Then of course someone compared him to Kevin Rudd in that he was loved by many thousands who didn't know him and loathed by those who did.

11. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

I work for CA haha so careful everyone :)
    My understanding is that India refused to play at the Gabba..... amazing how much power they now have ...

All reports out of WA is the wicket is going to be quick and bouncy.. fingers crossed

trev333 and richiek65 like this.
  12. trev333

Acha...:D

13. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

We need to talk, I have a stunning goblet that I have been told was a cricket trophy presented to a family member probably in the late 1800s.

I have been told it was presented to either a sibling or son of my great grandfather John Macintosh who was a NSW politician and close friend of Sir Henry Parkes.

My elderly aunt gave it to me to see if I could establish it's bonafides and at some stage return it to it's home.

The one in the middle of this pic
    1544528327324.jpg

Also have this great piece of art featuring a guy I got mightily pi55ed with in the members at the SCG during the 1979 ashes test

1544528471744.jpg
    edited to add. This piece is 1700 wide by 1900 high, it's huge and weighs plenty

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  14. trev333

getting the strip prepared..
    my lawn was kinda extending out onto the road.. thought I'd give it a mow.... :)

had a slasher in a few days ago to flatten all the tall grass along my gully after I poisoned it, it gets a bit out of hand if you leave it go a few years...:rolleyes:

I also had to get in and clean out all the crap blocking the culvert pipes and the gutter leading into it.., they were completely covered.... at least it was nice and shady down there.... no joe blakes either...;)

big rain coming in a few days, they say.... I'm ready..:)

road mowing.jpg

slasher.jpg

culvert pipes.jpg

culvert gutter.jpg

having a nice cup of tea and a rest now, whew....:D

15. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

You might not have seen them, but I bet they saw you.

trev333 likes this.
  16. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If you pick up a snake to try and kill a stick, it's time to go to Specsavers

suthol and trev333 like this.
  17. trev333

now that you mention it.. a few days back the birds were making a racket around the fence line across the road... snake call.. so I went over for a look.. took a few pics and left him go his own way....

sure enough a young python was skirting along in the grass under the wire.... not 10 mtrs from the gully I was clearing out on my side of the road..

then yesterday arvo the birds were arcing up out the back under the awning... yep it was a similar python, perhaps the same one, coming onto the concrete.. I tried to shoo him away with a small stick but he headed under my bandsaw to hide out... so I left him there....

maybe he can sense this rain coming and was looking for a dry spot to hang out..........

Crikey!!!...:eek:.. just as I'm typing this, I hear a rustle outside the window and it's a small Goanna....o_O

reptiles everywhere atm..:lol:

snake1.jpg

a snake head...:D

snake head.jpg

small goanna1.jpg

18. chezdeluxe

A 9 ft python died under my house a couple of summers ago. The smell was terrible. No sign of any shed skins so far this year.

19. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Very impressive :) It's certainly not my area of expertise - i work within the team performance department (risky saying that in public) - I am tipping someone within a cricket museum / cricket historian or at the MCC might have more information then anyone working within the business at CA?

suthol likes this.
  20. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

I'll follow up with cricket NSW and take it from there.

I'll be parked in front of the TV this arvo checking on their performance and report back ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.