Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

ah yes.. last monday.....:(

about 10 mins after I posted that on monday morning, a mate rang up and reminded me he was coming around in 10 mins to pick me up to go down to the marina to help him move his boat off anchor in the river and take it to the yacht club for a boat inspection..... I'd forgotten...

I took this pic about an hour later, just as we approached the marina a rain squall came through as I drove the boat.... sigh..... lovely... I did have a spray jacket on....

it was off and on like that the rest of the day..... after an initial inspection at the dock we then motored up river a mile or so to another marina with a boat lift... got wet again during that move.... got the boat out onto the travel-lift over dry land, gurneyed the bottom and chipped off some barnacles ..more showers... the inspector checked the bottom... put it back in the water and motored back the the first marina dock for the inspector to look at more stuff and do an inventory.... he finally finished and we motored the yacht back to our anchoring place got it set, climbed into the dingy and putted back to the carpark and got rained on as we loaded the tinny on the truck.. and drove home in 5 o'clock commuter traffic in more rain... I was dropped off at home in time to watch the 6 o'clock news.... rather soggy and tired... big day.... no food either...

not the day I was expecting when I first posted.....:lol:

IMG_20181015_110727.jpg

Blue J likes this.
  2. Rob77

Rob77 Tele-Meister

Hey all,
    Hope you enjoying this sunshine here in SE Qld.
    I just saw a Nashville Deluxe Tele on FB marketplace, for $1,150
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1146290205521381

I never got the Nashville Tele with the middle pickup, to me at least.... it looks out of place and badly made strat.
    But after seeing many international artists play them I guess they're OK, and then stumbled upon this ad.
    Is the "Deluxe" branding any better than the standard USA tele? Last I checked a "Deluxe" Tele model used to be worth $2500+ or there abouts.

Love the butterscotch blond and would love to ad that to my collection. I guess im hoping for some local knowledge if thats a good deal?

3. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Good enough for Brent Mason and others so something gotta be right

Rob77 likes this.
  4. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

duplicate

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

34 yesterday, same again today, the dogs are flaked out on the tiles in the laundry not the least interested in going for a walk. Meant to be 22 on Thursday, can’t wait for it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Its already nearly 30, feels hotter. Good time to mow the lawns !

7. simond

simond Tele-Holic

Which part of Australia are you guys in? From mine I could see snow in the mountains on Sunday - at an out door gig!

8. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

29 here, steamy and looking at the radar about to get wet

9. trev333

The owners of genuine mud runners would be grinning right now.... Flemington is awash...:D

10. trev333

Maggie approves....:cool:

more work on the T Bass today.. routed the neck pocket and fitted the neck/screws and did the PU rout.....

getting there....:)

the Tele depot section was empty of posts?.....had to do a search to find this thread..o_O

magpie and bass.jpg
    T bass1.jpg

Matt G likes this.
  11. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Maggie is probably thinking “what a weird shaped bird table and that little recess is nowhere big enough for my tucker”

12. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Maggie is probably thinking “what a weird shaped bird table and that little recess is nowhere big enough for my tucker”

13. trev333

So.. I spotted a mouse in the house just now.... I thought I saw it the other day out of the corner of my eye..

..ahhhhh, some mousesports.... the beast has entered sacred ground...:rolleyes:

my standard drill..... find the old rusty mouse trap, the old fashioned spring job... cut a small piece of bacon rind off a rasher for bait... 1/4" or so, not much.. open up the small claw with a knife, jam the rind under and squash the little tab down to hold it firm... put trap in the same spot I always use near the back corner of the fridge near the wall, sit back and wait.... mice seem to like hanging under fridges,,,,that big white castle of warmth and security...

tonight I set the trap, came back to my seat at the pc and glanced at the clock....

and wondered how long it would take to get the mouse..SNAP!!!!!..:eek:. probably 30 secs, no more than a minute.. poor b'sted...:lol:

got up walked over and picked up the trap with mouse walked it out onto the lawn and tossed it out for the critters of the night to find.....

job done...... I need a cup of tea after all that 5 mins of excitement.....:D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  14. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've never had much luck with the old spring loaded mouse trap. Bunnings sells a single shot device that traps and kills the mouse all in a self contained unit, but at $6 a pop they are a bit exxy if you have a nest of the buggers like we had a couple of winters ago. Nowadays I do a catch and release, but I let 'em go down by the river well away from any houses.

Count likes this.
  15. trev333

Bacon bait.... the smell must travel fast...;)

last year I used the same method.. caught one tossed it out.. reset the trap, a few minutes later caught another one, tossed that out reset and caught a third.... then silence.... all on the same bit of bacon.... cleaned out the whole family from the big white mouse hotel....

same old trap..when I had the cat I'd just take the mouse out to him and give it to him..he'd hoover it up.... though he never seemed to catch the buggers in the first place.....:rolleyes:

he trusted that old trap as well....:lol:

16. trev333

Lest We Forget...

suthol and w3stie like this.
  17. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Just for everyone’s information and peace of mind, I just read the ingredients label on some Coles Posh Dog sausages and they contain - “edible beef”.

chezdeluxe likes this.
  18. Andy54

Andy54 TDPRI Member

Small world Count I was in Tenterfield on the weekend. We took a trip up from the Tweed River Valley and stayed in a dog friendly cottage on Rous St. The dog loved it. Nice town and the country side looked amazingly green.

19. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

We’ve had plenty of rain just at the right time to bring that grass on. Lawn mowers going flat out all round town. PM me if you come up again.

20. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Heads up for all in Brisbane and Near north of it. Looks like some nasty storms heading your way, if they’ve not already arrived.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.