Australian Members Club

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by w3stie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

my thumb op turned out ok, I've had another similar lump cut on my forearm.... most stitches I've had for a while, probably 4 in each cut.......:rolleyes::D

the doc also sent the tissue away for a check and it's just a skin related S word thing?, not a cancer...:)

thumb works fine, no pulling around the scar tissue.... took it fishing last night and smeared it with fish guts and prawn slime to christen it....:lol:

2. trev333

I was handed this Squier Strat on the weekend to put back together for a young bloke.... no body hardware, except 3 knobs, some springs and the under bridge block with no plate/saddles.... choice..:rolleyes:

anyone got a squier 2 point trem plate/bridge with @ 60mm / 2 3/8" stud centres floating around...??

it costs more for postage to get one from the US than the plate is worth at s/phere...... ebay cheap imports look to have a different stud spacings or no specs listed for the part... I could plug it and put a 6 hole bridge on, I guess?....

just thought I'd throw it out there.. someone in Oz might have one in a spare parts box..... .;)

squier  J.jpg

DSCN1551.JPG

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Good to hear that your chopped out bits have healed and biopsies come back negative. Can’t help with the bridge, that size seems a bit unusual. You could always talk him into going hardtail.

trev333 likes this.
  4. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Wandered past the Allans Billy Hyde in Melbourne yesterday. Big posters stuck in the windows say the building is available for lease. Just went up this past week. The lads in the shop seem to have been caught by surprise. Said the company might close, might move. Anyone know more about this? Is it all of their shops or just this one?

5. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

They are probably Collingwood supporters.

Most of the guitar shops in Brisbane have closed.

suthol likes this.
  6. trev333

Oh yeah.. Koori knockout rugby league on SBS today....

watching the under 12's final.... girls and boys mixed teams.... good footy....

interesting to see the girls at that age mixing it with the boys with no quarter given.. character building...:)

7. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

I forgot about the city one. The one in Blackburn closed recently. Maybe they're going online only. Their prices aren't that competitive though, and the fact they don't stock Fender stuff might also be hurting them. If you can make it out Springvale way, opposite IKEA, Sky Music is wonderful.

8. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Trev, feel sorry for all those easteners who have yet to discover the greatness of AUSTRALIAN RULES FOOTBALL. What a Grand final and at least 6 AUSTRALIAN states participating.

The Grand final was the best I've ever seen and was literally won on the last kick/scre. West Coast deserved that great win.

Crafty Fox and trev333 like this.
  9. trev333

The eastern staters have been playing aussie rules as long as most of the other states.... I played a few seasons at school... the suburban clubs all had good club houses with regular entertainment, etc....

my older brother has won a gold medal in Baseball at the world Masters games.... we do it all here at a club level...

League is bigger though..I played from primary school through highschool....;)

errr.. I see too many off the ball coward hits in AFL to bother following it that much....:rolleyes:...

El_Diablo likes this.
  10. Tonetele

Good to hear the great game is growing. Weird eh? We here, the west as well, don't even know the club names ( nor care). League is an unknown entity here.
    I agree about the gutless off the ball antics and pushing in the back used to be a rule breaker. Some things have changed the game but the game has produced some fantastic athletes and has given some indigenous footballers and their families a chance in life. Cheers.

11. trev333

that's why I'm watching this Koori teams comp today...

they play an instinctive style of game with great skill ..... very entertaining...:)

Tonetele likes this.
  12. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Teams selected on racial grounds is not something I agree with.

13. Tonetele

Trev as to that Black strat. Tell the young fella to go to any Cash Converters and buy a buggered one, take out the parts you need and add some decent ( Tonerider?) pickups. you'll probably want to change the tuners- i got a Gotoh type set from Dr. Parts for $20!! That's how I built my Blackie. Two useless ones at $129 each. I offered to take them off their hands ( both) for $120. Did all the rest myself et voila- a Blackie.
    One word of caution, to fit a 5 way way switch ( CRL) you have to carefully chisel deeper in the midpoint as the cavity, and general thickness , of a Squire is about 1mm. less.

14. trev333

looks like this now... after a rummage through my parts bin....

did a fret level/ dress.... bit of a clean up.. just waiting on a bridge....

I did find one bridge on fleabay that seems to have @60mm pivot points.. I'll see how that one fits when it gets here....:rolleyes:

DSCN1558.JPG

Tonetele likes this.
  15. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for the tip.

16. Tonetele

Looking good Trev. When you install the bridge ( I hope it fits) you'll need to earth it to the spring/backplate. most important , but i'm sure you know that, as well as pots and output Jack.
    I wish I knew how to post photos I'd show you my Blackie that looks aged, right down to less screws in the pickguard. Your Blackie is looking good and should make that young bloke a very happy chappy.
    It's warm here BTW, just fixed my son's Danelectro 56 U2 and am watching the 6 o'clock news with a beer. Cheers mate.:)

trev333 likes this.
  17. trev333

I took the whole PG off this blue one.. just snipped the claw wire and the jack wires and screwed it on the black one, I'll solder them up as a last thing.... this std series squier has fender specs so the us stuff, pg's etc, fit straight on and the holes line up... too easy...
    the neck has already been used on a 'Stang I built for a kid a few years back... the blue one is back to being a bare body.. I got it like that anyway just the body.. it's been kicking around here for a while..... the pic was a rare time it had been strung up as a whole guitar...

Strat surf green squier neck.JPG

2018 Yandina Fair NA band 3.jpg

Tonetele likes this.
  18. trev333

Watching Bathurst practice..... in the wet.. such fun.....:D

hang in there, drivers...;)

richiek65 likes this.
  19. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

First thunderstorm of the season tonight, a bit of a damp squib as it turned out, but I go through the usual ritual of powering down all the computers, and unplugging any sensitive electronics. So here we go again ...

trev333 likes this.
  20. trev333

I was out the back under the awning sanding a body blank with 3 butcher birds and two magpies singing songs from various perches as some big cracks of lightning/thunder rolled through.... I was getting some side spray, but there wasn't a lot of rain....

funny how the birds were singing as the storm was near.... and my ROSS was going.... didn't seem to bother them as I worked and moved around....

One big boom cracked overhead and one magpie and I both looked at each other and raised our eyebrows.. so funny.....:D

any port in a storm, , I guess....:rolleyes:

Matt G and w3stie like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.