1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

August Guitar Player amp shootout... Congratulations Sam.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by wierdOne, Jul 23, 2009.

1. wierdOne

wierdOne Tele-Holic

So... I finally got around to reading my August issue of guitar player magazine... To my surprise there was a great two page article on a guitar player that I somehow finagled a free lesson from last month, Julian Lage... that dude is BAD TO THE BONE... anyways...

There was a tube amp combo shootout... the winner?... TDPRI's very own Sammy Smith. His CS-25 spanked the pants off of the Budda V20, Divided by 13's CJ11, Fender's 57 deluxe reissue, and Nolatone's 22 Tango.

I'm never one to say I told you so... but... I've long been the purveyor of the news that Sam's amps are baaaadddd to the bone..... you really should try one out if you're ever in the Nashville area...

2. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

Does he have a website or anything? Could you post a link if he does?

3. -Vampyre-

-Vampyre- Tele-Meister

4. bassame

bassame Tele-Meister

5. Chrismeyer

Chrismeyer Tele-Holic

Congrats to Smith Customs on this one.
    My Nolatone was only SLIGHTLY beaten out BTW.
    I've never heard of Smith's amps yet but it has to be great to eek out a win over Pauls little master piece.BTW,it never says in the article that it spanked the pants off of anything.The Smith and the Tango were close.(maybe it said the rest were junk and you should never get one........just kidding)
    It was a cool article for both Amps and the Nolatone took a strong 2nd place.
    Paul is a member here also so for the TDPRI and our friends at Nolatone and Smith Custom Amps,it was a kick-ass August!!
    Good job guys!!!

6. Freight Twang

Freight Twang Tele-Meister

Thanks for the cool comments, but at the end of the day, I'm not curing cancer, but it is always nice to here good things about the work I do. As for the Nola's, I had never heard of them, but I have one of my Smith players that will be playing with a Nola Player, so we may get a different lowdown, stay tuned.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.