1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Attenuation and effect on tone? Bugera v5

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by AJ Ray, Mar 19, 2020.

1. AJ Ray

AJ Ray Tele-Meister

I play through a chris shiflett telecaster with two stock humbuckers. Along with the bugera it is fairly dark sounding on the .1 watt setting. I also sometimes use a tc mojo mojo which accentuates the dark tone. I will play around with pickups, pots and pedals over time. I play at home and require a fairly low volume

Has anyone noticed any difference in tone when they have changed the attenuator on their amp to say 1 watt or 5 watt? Bugera v5 in particular but with other amps too. Wondering if I should up the wattage to 1 and use the pedal more to achieve a little break up when playing the blues.

2. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

What ohms are the pots 250's or 500's? Brand?

3. AJ Ray

AJ Ray Tele-Meister

250 but I dont know brand. They are stick though

4. saltyseadog

saltyseadog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I had one of the original Bugera V5's for around 5yrs. I even put an Eminence 820H speaker into it as was the trend at the time. I found the 0.1W setting okay for late night playing and not bothering family members. The 1W setting was okay but left me wanting more which the 5W setting more than fulfilled but too loud at full volume for bedroom players without disturbing others. I sold mine last year to a friend who really liked it and living on his own didn't have a volume problem. Around 3-4mths back I came across these in a another forum post and at £15 decided to buy one which was a great decision for me as it allowed me to open up my BJr' at home and get a much better low volume sound. I think if I had known about the MVB when I had the Bugera V5 I would have kept it as it would have allowed me to open the V5 up to full volume on the 5W setting and use the VBM as a master. https://www.seanmandrake.com/Products/VBM.aspx

5. Bearzooka

Bearzooka TDPRI Member

^ whats up with the VBM? Is it just a potentiometer in a box?

6. saltyseadog

saltyseadog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

No idea how it works other than a master volume that loses very little tone.

7. J-Flanders

J-Flanders Tele-Meister

8. Bradcaster2021

Bradcaster2021 TDPRI Member

Hi all! Been “lurking” around TDPRI for 2 months. 1st post. I built one of these volume pedals based on stinkfoot’s schematic and a Brian Wampler video. Tried it out on my Bugera V5 and it worked. FYI...not that great at soldering and It was a cheap build. I really built it to tame the volume on my Ampeg Reverberocket 2x12.

9. Bradcaster2021

2797DA11-9799-4578-BB31-C8046DEF3927.jpeg

10. Bradcaster2021

1E7B185C-5B2D-47FA-8928-D7E35E3B1DCE.jpeg

ClashCityTele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.