Attaboy for Voodoo Lab

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 50ShadesofOrange, Aug 20, 2019.

1. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange Tele-Meister

I’m not at all affiliated, just a happy customer.

I just wanted to let it be known that Voodoo Lab provided a great customer service experience.

My tremolo pedal inexplicably stopped working, so I reached out to them to get it fixed.

Even though the pedal was many years outside the warranty, they still fixed it for free and even covered return shipping.

I’m sure many pedal makers do the same, but I found it commendable nonetheless, in a world where customer service seems to be on the decline.

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Nice! Visual Sound (now Truetone) is another company that has great customer service. I'm glad that there are still folks like that out there. :cool:

Greggorios and bluesholyman like this.
  3. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You aren’t the first person I’ve seen make a post like this. Good on VL.

Greggorios likes this.
  4. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Holic

Years ago my Sparkle Drive quit. Same outcome as the OP. Out of warranty, free repair, free return shipping. Great experience.

Greggorios and RetroTeleRod like this.
  5. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

I have experienced Visual Sounds concern for their products - Proco as well, w/r/t My Dirty Rat. No direct experience with Voodoo Labs, but I have heard things like this about them before.

I have their Wahzoo pedal and while I hope it never dies, its good to know that it will most likely be taken care of if it does....

Good to know a few great companies still around....

Greggorios and RetroTeleRod like this.
  6. twangjeff

twangjeff Tele-Afflicted

I had an experience with my Sparkle Drive and Pedal Power that were not manufacturer issues, and they went out of their way to help. Tremendous company and exceptional customer service!

Greggorios likes this.
  7. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

A big +1 for Truetone, who immediately resolved an older C12 incompatibility to power HX Effects.

Greggorios likes this.
  8. Slip Kid

Slip Kid Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

The guys at Voodoo Lab are awesome in my book. A year or so ago my Micro Vibe, which I got when it first came out (late ‘90’s?), wasn’t as vibe-tastic as I remembered. They said to send it in and they repaired and shipped it back at no cost. I was not expecting that on something almost 20 years old.

9. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

Slip Kid, did you find that the vibe effect was diminishing? Mine seems to be doing that. I thought I was imagining it but maybe not.

10. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

It's not unusual for a company to do repairs at no cost.

I've had several rack effects and pedals that were repaired for free. I'm constantly telling posters to contact the company that makes their gear before looking elsewhere for repairs.

11. Slip Kid

Yes, from what I remember it didn’t sound as swirly or as intense as it should. I thought I was imagining it as well.

12. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I had a similar experience. Great gear, great company.

13. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I tried my Micro Vibe today and it sounds like the low frequency end of the "swirl" is too loud and the high-frequency end too soft. Definitely not right. I noticed something was off at the last gig. I e-mailed them and already got an auto-response.

14. Slip Kid

I happened to find my correspondence with them. My issue was that the effect didn’t engage when turned on but would eventually kick in after turning the knobs for a while along with it having less “oomph”. They said a capacitor needed to be replaced, a one-off component failure that wasn’t caused by anything I did. I got mine back in a little over 2 weeks. I’m not gigging so I was pretty happy with that. Hope your experience goes just as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.