At What Age …

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I’ll be 50 in July. I had to google cardigan. I wear thick, long sleeved work shirts for jackets and hoodies when it’s cold. Always will. I hate wearing sweaters. But my idea of dressing up is clean work clothes.

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
…do they issue the standard grandpa cardigan. There are a lot of hearing aid and catheter commercials on the show I’m looking at right now. It seems to be standard issue for the actors. Just wondering how close I am.
They might be lying. They are getting paid to pimp the product, so of course they say they use it.

Judging by the frequency of some commercials, the biggest moneymaking scams appear to be that car shield insurance, and the insurance companies that want your Medicaid money.
You can tell which celebrities are having money issues as the emerge from retirement to sell you something. I remember looking forward to hearing what Joe Nameth had to say. Now he's just a puppet.
Nameth, Shatner, Walker, Selleck, and now Joe Montana. It's a sad day in Bedrock. Hopefully younger folks won't know who they were once.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I've been rocking that look since my teens. I love sweaters with buttons. But when I'm "old", I'll prob switch to wearing tight pants and v-necks. I don't like being trendy.

middy

Friend of Leo's
LOL @ the geezers in their dad jeans and New Balance. “You won’t catch me in a cardigan!”

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
My style guru for years

the-big-lebowski-sweater.jpg

Oh and also crocs.

MTPoteet

Tele-Meister
If you remember the recent selfie reveal thread.....we are all variations on the same theme.....of ageing! :lol:

I recently saw a show about Ozzie, he said"I'll retire when I hear them putting nails in my coffin,then I'll do an encore, I'm the Prince of Darkness." He's 73.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
My mother knitted me a Starsky cardigan in '76 and I was the envy of the whole street.
Not worn one since because I've not found one as cool since "The Dude's" is the closest so far as was Cobain's on Unplugged.

Strictly a Hanes white Tshirt (long sleeved in winter) black leather and 501's as my uniform, which is probably 21st Century Grandad attire these days.

Of course, as a mark of respect I have a pair of black 501s and a black Tshirt for funerals. I've always dressed appropriately for these occasions.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
When winter comes, TDPRI John dons a cardigan with his cargo shorts and switches to heavier socks with his Birkenstocks. And a stocking cap often replaces his sporty little hat.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
I’m reluctant to weigh in on others ‘fashion’ choices.

For me, I gotta have some kind of extra layer. For now it’s flannel shirts or hoodies or fleece, depending on the laundry and where I’ve got to be.
I gotta wear a hat too these days as my hair seems to have slipped downwards since I hit 60.

Arguably a nice sweater is infinitely nicer apparel than what I’m doing. I’m certainly not camouflaging my aged decrepitude.

BelairPlayer

Tele-Afflicted
I'm 73 , I don't own a cardigan , I have an ostomy, I don't have hearing aids and do not enjoy humor that satirizes perhaps the hardest time of a person's life, growing older , elderly, with all the heart break of losing life long friends family, on other stranger, organ failure and possible lost of the ability to participate in a meaning full lifestyle because of aging related afflictions. Not Funny, or fun , and if you can't relate , just wait you'll get your turn .

When asked by an interviewer how growing older was Grace Slice said " It's alright except nobody want the """" you when your 60.
Partner, I sure as heck ain’t intending to poke fun at anyone. There’s a difference between laughing at and laughing with. The whole point was noticing what marketers/society perceive me as, based on what they’re showing me. No offense meant if any was received.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Partner, I sure as heck ain’t intending to poke fun at anyone. There’s a difference between laughing at and laughing with. The whole point was noticing what marketers/society perceive me as, based on what they’re showing me. No offense meant if any was received.
no offense was taken, , But... I do hear elder verbal abuse all the time, I couldn't survive aging without a sense of humor and the wicked understanding that that neaty joke of living is going catch up with everyone prior to dirt nap, and not everyone will get to go out with a painless smile.
Anyone thinking making belittling remarks about the aged should remember it'll happen to everyone sooner or later, so prey for a good death, I spent 4 years in a cancer support group and well , it's not the dying , it's the getting there, and that's the meat of the issue.
Compassion for the suffering of others seems a small thing to ask
human kindness.png