At What Age …

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep- you need something to keep your balding head from freezing, or burning. Cardigans seem like an option, when the shoulders don't work so well, which makes some garments easier to operate than others. Next stop, is shoes which slip on, or attach with Velcro.
Embrace your wisdom and maturity- just try to hold off on the Velcro, a while longer.....

:lol:

(Ever look at your hands, up close? I got Old Man hands, now.)

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
…do they issue the standard grandpa cardigan. There are a lot of hearing aid and catheter commercials on the show I’m looking at right now. It seems to be standard issue for the actors. Just wondering how close I am.

Funny about that. What age is old?

There was a local story of a "grandpa" BASE jumping off the high rises around here. So I'm thinking some geezer in a cardigan arising from his wheelchair to do this. No, it was a 68 year old dude who was jacked. Sorta. Our last two presidents were of the age you'd think would have a cardigan like that but when you see them in action not so much. So I have no idea. 70 in a catalog but 80 in real life?

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I’m 71. I’m a grandpa. The last time I had a sweater with buttons was in junior high school. That would place it 1964 or before. The last grandpa cardigan I recall seeing was on Mr. Rogers.
+1 Same experience here too. I have not even heard the term “cardigan” for the at least a few decades. My 92 year old dad might still have one for going out and painting the town red.

vcs700s

TDPRI Member
I don’t own a sweater of any kind. I find them uncomfortable and itchy.

I have been a Grandpa since I was 46. I tuned 69 on Dec. 21.

No sweaters in my future. I prefer fleece or fleece lined plaid shirts. Own a bunch of those.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I inherited my dad's cardigan and flat cap after he died....

in a way, I became him, as an elder..... and get to wear the uniform..:lol:

As we age, we all start to look alike! Ever notice when you are out and about, when you see a group of old guys, it's like one of those shell games, if you move 'em around quickly, you'd be hard pressed to guess which one was which.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
As we age, we all start to look alike! Ever notice when you are out and about, when you see a group of old guys, it's like one of those shell games, if you move 'em around quickly, you'd be hard pressed to guess which one was which.
If you remember the recent selfie reveal thread.....we are all variations on the same theme.....of ageing! :lol:

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
hell I put a hoodie on , over my tee shirt to shovel my walk at -20C yesterday for the first time this year, I took off my sandals last week for my runners , so not as long as i can help it will I go all old man untill they are nailing me up in my crate, just aint gonna happin!